more fan art and osd options... pls :)
Great job Smile

I have been using this skin for a while now and decided to give some others a try.. The only other one I have found interesting is "Transparency!" which has some features that I would like to see in PM3.HD (prefer the layout and styling).

I'm not too keen on the OSD. Is there any way to chose which one to use? I prefer the seek bar and DVD/BD case layout from transparency (and there are many others that I haven't played with much) to the big X buttons. Any chance of an OSD selection in the "appearance" menu?
Anyone know how to hack the osd for now?

Transparency has a "use extra fan art" feature (under "skin settings") which cycles through available fan art for your videos. There are a couple of bugs in it.. it's not working very well for my movies (but that may be because my movies are not in separate folders) I'm getting random art for all movies and would like only the art for the selected movie to show also my Battlestar Galactica (2003) collection sometimes comes up with BSG original artwork (database issue maybe?).

btw the sticky at the top of this forum is a dead link.

thanks.
I'm going to have to go no on both of these sorry Sad

The OSD is basically PM3 signature and has been with the skin for probably more than 6 years back in the SD xbox days and gives 2 button press access to any option rather than having to go across 6 times.

I haven't look into Extra fanart but last I looked it is a slight hack that only works if you have your Movies in separate folders as well as having downloaded them separately from the net. And I do really go that way either I prefer official support stuff that just works out of the box no stuff that requires people to set things up in a certain way

Sorry probably not the answers you want to hear but you can always try and do some of these things yourself I would be happy to answer any questions about where to make the changes if you wish
I am fairly new to xbmc and haven't done much more than get it running (..well) so far (tried live tv but no luck with my tuner) and am now just looking into modding.

Shame the osd is your signature, I'm sure it works well for most applications but I'm looking for a bit more control and detail (+ I like to fiddle lol) when using a mouse and/or keyboard. I'm currently running eden on windows 7 (possibly looking at making my own custom XBMCbuntu for an htpc build which would be more remote based). I recently (briefly) used an hdmi sender and android remote to connect to a tv downstairs and found the info view which looks promising but has no control buttons or slider seek.

Would it be as simple as replacing an osd.xml file with the one from another skin? changing a few lines in a skin file? or would i have to replace the whole osd element and where would I find that?

I am kind of a noob at programming, I can read and understand it well enough but wouldn't know where to start writing my own code.

I have found the "extra fan art" works very well when your files are arranged correctly (tv series works great - except for the odd hick-up) but don't know where to look in the transparency skin or where to copy the code into PM3 and it's nice but not essential.

thanks again for your help and the great skin too Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
more fan art and osd options... pls :)0