OS X Immediate Crash - Audio related
Hello Team,

today I switched to the latest nightly build and made a new clean installation.

My configuration:

Mac mini (macmini 4,1) running the latest version of 10.6.8 using the default optical audio output for XBMC output and a 2nd usb audiointerface for playing music through iTunes. Since I cannot select audiointerfaces in iTunes the usb audio-interface is selected as the default audio output in mac os x system settings.

On adapting my settings I discovered the following error:

When I change any of the audio parameters (e.g. switching from analog to digital or setting a other audio device for XBMC) XBMC will crash on the next start.

Crash Log is here: http://pastebin.com/zfrn36Q9

Any suggestions?

Thx gf_4
there is no crashlog butonly a xbmc log on your link.

Do you have setup your speaker configuration right in your audio midi setup in osx?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
here is the crash log: http://pastebin.com/JBu3T5qp

Audio midi setup is configured to 2 channel on both interface. In speaker setup the only option under multiple channels is "Stereo"

and you have setup 2.0 speakerconfiguration in xbmc aswell?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi Memphis,

yes - the standard configuration on a clean install is (at least in my case) 2.0 Stereo analog. Even if I only change "analog" to "digital" and leave the speakersetup at 2.0 Stereo XBMC crashes on the next start.
Any ideas? Anybody?
Hi Team,

any news on this topic?

Thx
gf_4
Well it looks like another application has the audio device opened in exclusive mode. Thats why xbmc fails to open it and bails out. Any idea which application this could be?

Beside that please delete your guisettings.xml in /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml and let xbmc recreate it.

Could you also post a list of devicenames you can select in XBMC under Settings->System->Audio->Audio output devices please?

Hi Memphiz,

I've already delete the whole XBMC Folder unter /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/ a couple of times. That didn't do the trick.

Since I use the 2nd USB-Audio Interface for iTunes-Playback I can only imagine that iTunes is using that interface exclusivly. The only programms running on my mac mini are iTunes and XBMC.

With a old-audio-engine-XBMC everything works fine.

I will post the list of audio devices later today.

gf_4
You also could post the following.

1. Make it so you can get into XBMC. Exit XBMC. Copy away the guisettings.xml (this one works).
2. Change any setting in XBMC which will make XBMC crash on the next startup (for example change from analog to digital and back(!) ). Let XBMC crash on the next startup. Copy away the guisettings.xml (this one doesn't work).

Then post both of these guisettings.xml to pastebin.com and put the links in here - maybe we see a difference

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Immediate Crash - Audio related0