• 3(current)
[TEST RELEASE] Aeon Nox Lite (Nox 3.6 Theme)
still didn´t get feedback from anybody if the "all-white" route is the one to go :/
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I like the white theme...
It's fresh and looks really nice...

IMO definitely the route to go!
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I really like all the white textures - panels, floors, gradients.

I don't like the white text as much. It just seems hard to read most of the time. But when you pick a dark color (like dark blue), the text looks sharp. I'm not sure what else you are referring to with the "all white".
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-04, 00:17)thrak76 Wrote: I really like all the white textures - panels, floors, gradients.

I don't like the white text as much. It just seems hard to read most of the time. But when you pick a dark color (like dark blue), the text looks sharp. I'm not sure what else you are referring to with the "all white".

i mean also coloring the fade overlays etc, all the stuff which is displayed BEHIND the panels. atm i´m coloring almost everything, you even have a complete white screen when changing areas for example.

the text stuff will be fixed, it will use dark blue when skin color is set to white (or any other idea for a color to use for fonts?)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Might be interested in dark red fonts Wink
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Dark blue would be cool (it's what I'm using now). Dark red would also be cool!

The white transition screen is a little jarring at first, being so used to the black transition screen, but I'm used to it now. What would be neat is to be able to add color to the white panels (or behind?) - with a very pale color result. Like the regular Nox colored panels, but white.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-04, 00:30)thrak76 Wrote: Dark blue would be cool (it's what I'm using now). Dark red would also be cool!

The white transition screen is a little jarring at first, being so used to the black transition screen, but I'm used to it now. What would be neat is to be able to add color to the white panels (or behind?) - with a very pale color result. Like the regular Nox colored panels, but white.

yes, i can imagine that it could look nice, but i would need to add another image to every panel image control in the skin which probably isn´t worth it. we´re using <colordiffuse> for coloring, and that just has extreme effects when applied on white textures Wink
(2012-08-04, 00:32)phil65 Wrote: yes, i can imagine that it could look nice, but i would need to add another image to every panel image control in the skin which probably isn´t worth it. we´re using <colordiffuse> for coloring, and that just has extreme effects when applied on white textures Wink

I figured that i was probably over-simplifying it. I have total respect for you skills, phil.
(2012-08-04, 00:25)mad-max Wrote: Might be interested in dark red fonts Wink

ohhh dark red - a possibility?
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2012-08-04, 00:35)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 00:25)mad-max Wrote: Might be interested in dark red fonts Wink

ohhh dark red - a possibility?

yes, a possibility. only reason i took blue was that the default theme uses blue initially.
looks great love the white.
is it possible to find somewhere a zip file with white texture?
not the .xbt
(2012-08-04, 13:24)fmronan Wrote: is it possible to find somewhere a zip file with white texture?
not the .xbt

You can find the uncompressed textures in the white branch
(2012-08-04, 02:55)donkee69 Wrote: looks great love the white.

Nod
Just now stumbled upon this Lite version, and Phil: wow, it's awesome... Smile I've been hoping for a white Nox version for long since I own a white Sony tv set, so this looks amazing. Can't wait for the this to be complete Smile Great work Smile Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TEST RELEASE] Aeon Nox Lite (Nox 3.6 Theme)5