Solved OpenELEC custom install, triple boot
Question 
So, I've found this guide... http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...multi_boot
and basically I want to do basically what it has. I've had Win7 and Ubuntu set up for awhile and just want to add OpenELEC to the drive.
I already formatted two partitions and all that's good. I've also copied the kernel and system to the system partition but when booting to the OpenELEC entry it says that the /KERNEL is not found.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is the site wrong on how to custom install?
I've also just booted from the USB drive and tried to do quick install (only shows the whole SSD) and custom install (no devices were found.) My guess is that custom install is looking for a USB drive or something.
MD5 for kernel and system are good.

Any ideas on what I can do?
Caught my own mistake. I'll post it here so anyone who comes after me has it.
Basically, I screwed up with updating the grub entry. I glossed over the part where it says root=(hd0,*). I left it at 3 per the install instructions not thinking about it when my actual sda location was /dev/sda7. I changed it to hd0,7 and all was fine.
So, triple booting with OpenELEC (after having two other distros) is a piece of cake really. Kudos to the OpenELEC team.
Cool. What size does the second partition have to be? The wiki doesn't seem to say.
OE_DATA is more or less just where it is storing the database for your files. 1 GB is what I set mine at. Small enough to not be a big deal for the other OSs but big enough to hold that data.
That said, a while ago I exported my library files so all my data actually resides on the external so mine probably didn't even need to be that big.

If you have an absolutely huge library...maybe 2GB? Worse comes to worse, just expand it again with Gparted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC custom install, triple boot0