Which devices enable "Peripherals" in Settings?
Hi!

I have been trying to connect different devices to my ubuntu PC's USB ports to check which devices enable the Peripherals menu in System > Settings > System > Input devices. So far I have not had any luck. I read somewhere on the forum that, a USB-CEC adapter gets detected in peripherals.

I was just wondering, if I have a development board with HDMI input ports, would those be detected as Input devices and shown in peripherals?

Thanks in advance!
The Pulse Eight USB-CEC Adapter
Hi,

Thanks for the link. But it only gives the details of how to use Pulse-Eight USB-CEC adapter with xbmc. What I wanted to know is: Is xbmc able to detect and playback from the devices connected to HDMI/Toslink/Coaxial input ports of a development board?

Thanks in advance!
(2012-08-02, 14:16)ubuntuxbmcuser Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the link. But it only gives the details of how to use Pulse-Eight USB-CEC adapter with xbmc. What I wanted to know is: Is xbmc able to detect and playback from the devices connected to HDMI/Toslink/Coaxial input ports of a development board?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, missed that when i read your first post.

The idea of this is to be able to use the TV remote to control XBMC. The USB-CEC adapter just capture the CEC signals that are sent over the HDMI and forwards them to XBMC via the USB and XBMC can also send CEC signals to a TV or receiver. So the peripherals is enabled when the CEC-adapter are connected to an USB port.

The settings in Peripherals are just options that deals with this, which HDMI port on the TV the USB-CEC adapter are connected to and if you want to Power on/off the TV when XBMC starts/shoutdown etc, so i guess you can not accieve your goal, at least not by using the settings in the peripherals menu.
Is there some other way to detect and playback from HDMI/Coax/Toslink input ports of a development board?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which devices enable "Peripherals" in Settings?0