Win Remote questions
Hi,

I'm trying to decide on a Remote for my new XBMC build but I'm getting lost in all the information and possibilities.

Will the ASRock Smart Remote work with all builds? (seems you need CIR support on the mobo for this)
I'm assuming I should get RC6/MCE?
What should I buy and where should I get it? (I'm from Belgium)

Any help would be appreciated Smile
RC6/MCE correct.... will work with any motherboard.... it will turn the htpc on with the right dongle and motherboard.

If not then you still have a remote... just turn on your htpc by hand.

Thanks for the information. I will try and figure out where to buy a RC6/MCE remote. I assume eBay is my best bet.
(2012-08-02, 14:08)TheV Wrote: Thanks for the information. I will try and figure out where to buy a RC6/MCE remote. I assume eBay is my best bet.

Here's a few remotes and even one listed for $0.95 (used of course, but still)

I use the first one listed which is a Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition. Actually, my son uses it and loves it.

I use the IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black)

and have been waiting to save the few extra dollars to buy this one: CE Compass Mini Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad Mouse PC Remote Control

The cool thing is,..these aren't that expensive,..so even if I hate a particular remote,..I can return to Amazon or pass onto my son.

Thanks for the links Gort. Being from Europe I don't usually have the best deals buying from Amazon.com, but I can always look at the co.uk, de and fr sites for similar deals.

Quick question, that first remote that you listed, is it RC6?
It looks very much like http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...s#VRC-1100, which is listed a non-RC6.

Keyboard wise I was initially thinking of going for the Logitech K400 but I've just found that CE Compass (as Trust Handheld) for a reasonable price. Might go for that instead.
Thanks for the suggestions Smile
I ended up ordering one of these:

Thanks for all the help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote questions0