What is the minimum NFO file?
Hi, as per this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136385
I decided to try to solve my problem by writing a script that goes through my media files and generates NFO files so that xbmc can recognise them.

I've seen the wiki entry: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...rt_library
But there seems to be a lot of additional stuff in there like Actors, codec, etc, which hopefully I shouldnt need.

So my question is, what is the absolute minimum tags/fields I need to have in my NFO file, that xbmc will accept?

I tried:
Code:
<movie>
        <title>Title taken from filename</title>
</movie>
but it didnt work.
That will work. I am quite sure the .nfo is named badly and/or you choose the wrong content settings ("Movies are in separate ..). Please check.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Was thinking the same.

Movies

Moviename.nfo placed next to Moviename.avi where Moviename is the name of the movie file.

movie.nfo if you use the "Use Foldername for Lookups" option, movie.nfo takes priority over any other .nfo files.
I may be doing something wrong, but I've found that "movie.nfo" doesn't always get read. I had a couple of movies where I created a minimal "movie.nfo" file and XBMC (Eden stable) would not read it. I had to name the file same as the movie file name changing the extension to .nfo before it would get read.
Thatś right. movie.nfo is only picked up if you check the "use folder names for lookups" option in the content settings dialog.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-08-02, 20:18)vdrfan Wrote: Thatś right. movie.nfo is only picked up if you check the "use folder names for lookups" option in the content settings dialog.

I do have that checked, and most of my "movie.nfo" files do get used. A couple didn't. I had to rename them to MovieFileName.nfo before they'd get read.
Maybe you set different content on those?
Ah, it works. I think I had "use folder names.." checked when testing before. Thanks all.

Ok, off to learn python and write that script then....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the minimum NFO file?0