xbmc value box
Hi,

I tried the raspberry pi and raspbmc , but the hardware (Ethernet port) have up so i returned it.
Now I desperate for a xbmc box. Would the acer revo rl70 or Lenovo q180 be a good value for money devices?

Or is there something out there for little money?

Would be grateful for your answers as I need to to place an order ASAP . Thanks.

Well Raspberry pi is the cheapest you'll find, Otherwise an android stb, however a final android release isnt out yet. So you'll have to run on beta's and unstable builds till a final release it out.
Or an apple tv2, if you can pick one up cheap. (Which i doubt)

I have a revo 3700 and am more than happy with it, i think the rl70 replaces it, so i can vouch for it.
Yeah I use the ATV V1 with broadcom chipset for video acceleration and love it, it integrates with any IR remote and you can get them cheap...
יונתן בן-חיים
So I guess it's between the revo rl70 and atv.
heard the Lenovo can get quite noisy. Is the revo quiet then?
Mine is silent Smile
If youre pretty confident setting everything up, id suggest a revo, plays full 1080p easily as well as emulators, web browser etc etc.

I think youre probably going to be paying roughly the same price for both, due to the over inflated prices of the apple tv2. If that is the case, and you're ok to set up xbmcbuntu on the rl70 then go for it. If you want something thats pretty much plug and play, then get a atv.
Did you mean your Lenovo is silent?

No luck in getting the acer revo from ebuyer - something about them being out of stock and added security measures required in ordering them. Strange.

So I might be looking at the Lenovo, but I've been offerd th Atv2 at normal atv3 price. Hopefully I can jailbreak and configure it for xbmc properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc value box0