• 53(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 (deprecated)
(2012-08-19, 18:05)phil65 Wrote: seasonX-fanart.jpg, all in root
Sorry to bring this back, but my season fanart is broken. Using Nox 3.5 on Eden. My setup was working fine previously, with files arranged like this:

TV Show Root\
fanart.jpg >fanart for "main" show level, before entering season level
-- Season 01\
---- fanart.jpg >fanart for season one

+ etc. for each subsequent season folder.

Per phil65's post above, I've tried placing season01-fanart.jpg in the TV Show Root folder, then the Season 01 folder, then both again without the original folder.jpg file present. None of these work. I made sure the viewtype setting is on "season" fanart (which gives a warning about no native support).

My season thumbs work fine, so I'm stumped why the fanart isn't. Since it worked OK in Nox 2.x with Eden, I'm assuming it's a result of Nox 3.x or an error on my part, but, again, this file structure worked before.

Any suggestions?

(2012-09-25, 02:25)Shinu Wrote: I was under the impression that items on the main menus such as the infolines and submenus were not capitalized anymore in 4.0. was that decision reverted or will it change at a later date?

they are capitalized when using frodo, not when using eden.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
so they're meant to be capitalized? cuz they look really good in both upper and lower cases.
yes they´re meant to. wouldn´t be too hard to create another fontset without uppercasing though.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-09-25, 06:23)phil65 Wrote: yes they´re meant to. wouldn´t be too hard to create another fontset without uppercasing though.

ok, well i'll like to make an official request please. Big Grin for an option for lowercase fonts for the infolines and submenu items (not the main menu items though, as they look good in caps).
i am coming from mq3, since i don't like the long-awaited mq4 - it's too much fiddling for my taste. i tried aeon nox then and i am really happy with it. it's all there what i need and its easy to configure.
what i realized is a higher cpu usage than mq3/mq4 in particular when playing music in fullscreen mode. i tried all kind of settings, disabled everything (addons, fanart, cdart,...) but its still up to 30 to 40% cpu usage. that's pretty much. with mq3/mq4 i have around 20 to 25%.

is there a way to tweak the code a bit?
(2012-09-25, 03:43)Matsutake Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 18:05)phil65 Wrote: seasonX-fanart.jpg, all in root
Sorry to bring this back, but my season fanart is broken. Using Nox 3.5 on Eden. My setup was working fine previously, with files arranged like this:

TV Show Root\
fanart.jpg >fanart for "main" show level, before entering season level
-- Season 01\
---- fanart.jpg >fanart for season one

+ etc. for each subsequent season folder.

Per phil65's post above, I've tried placing season01-fanart.jpg in the TV Show Root folder, then the Season 01 folder, then both again without the original folder.jpg file present. None of these work. I made sure the viewtype setting is on "season" fanart (which gives a warning about no native support).

My season thumbs work fine, so I'm stumped why the fanart isn't. Since it worked OK in Nox 2.x with Eden, I'm assuming it's a result of Nox 3.x or an error on my part, but, again, this file structure worked before.

Any suggestions?

This was changed from 2.0 to 3.0. The naming convention is season1-fanart.jpg. So without the leading zero, just as it appears in the library. It was done this way btw to make it possible for non-english users to show season fanart.
(2012-09-25, 08:58)marv_el Wrote: i am coming from mq3, since i don't like the long-awaited mq4 - it's too much fiddling for my taste. i tried aeon nox then and i am really happy with it. it's all there what i need and its easy to configure.
what i realized is a higher cpu usage than mq3/mq4 in particular when playing music in fullscreen mode. i tried all kind of settings, disabled everything (addons, fanart, cdart,...) but its still up to 30 to 40% cpu usage. that's pretty much. with mq3/mq4 i have around 20 to 25%.

I cannot reproduce this. Even with cd-wall, cdart and artist info widget the cpu utilization is 3% more then with confluence, 11% constant on confluence and 11-14% on Nox.
(2012-09-24, 21:25)phil65 Wrote: yes, buggy, especially smart playlist support for home menu is still completely broken and will be for some time.

clear, i will wait better times........
peppe

(2012-09-25, 11:28)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-09-25, 08:58)marv_el Wrote: i am coming from mq3, since i don't like the long-awaited mq4 - it's too much fiddling for my taste. i tried aeon nox then and i am really happy with it. it's all there what i need and its easy to configure.

I cannot reproduce this. Even with cd-wall, cdart and artist info widget the cpu utilization is 3% more then with confluence, 11% constant on confluence and 11-14% on Nox.

ok, i will try confluence for comparison when i am at home.
bit of new stuff for artist/album infodialog:

moved options to edit fanart / thumb into a media menu to get a cleaner infodialog. all stuff to edit the info/artwork is now separated.
also hacked in some workaround to use artistslideshow info for discography instead of built-in xbmc discography feature. this enables direct album youtube search + displaying the discography covers (only works when no audio is playing)
since it´s a workaround it probably needs a bit of adjustment because on first visit sometimes the wrong info from a previous artist is shown for a short amount of time. will see how we can improve that.
Similar artists + youtube search could also be added in the near future.

I´m thinkin about doin the same for video info dialog. i think it´s much better to have the editing menu items seperated from the other menu items. opinions?

EDIT: just realized that i replaced the funcitionality to jump to an album if available.
will revert that part and see how / if the artistslideshow discography can be integrated.
I just wanted to post that I am a huge fan of this skin. I can't wait for 4.0. Keep up the great work. It is definitely appreciated!
(2012-09-26, 02:46)cgebke Wrote: I just wanted to post that I am a huge fan of this skin. I can't wait for 4.0. Keep up the great work. It is definitely appreciated!

then you have a huge problem because it will take some time till it´s done Wink
+1 for moving the info/artwork button to the media menu, I agree that this would work well with the video info dialog too. Great idea Phil!
Phil and BN

Does the textures file for Nox include the certification flags for Australia? If not could I ask for it to be included in Nox 4 please.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 (deprecated)4