hardware advice please
hi all,
first post, finally looking to complete a system to put all my dvd's onto a better system than filing through all disc's.

my current setup is a denon avr 2113 into a 1080p samsung led tv. i am looking at a synology nas diskstation ds411 (allowing me to upgrade in the future to 16tb) - has anybody got any experience/rate this synology?

i haven't started copying my dvd's over yet, just trialling a few programs and file types and speed to complete (700+ discs) and makemkv program (mkv file using mpeg 2 & aac 5.1 sound) seems to be the best i've found, i don't want to scrimp on quality of the movies by compressing them, seems pointless to me to have lower quality images - does anybody recommend a better program or file type to save?

I am a big fan of the xbmc and will choose this as my main movie viewer, i am having trouble to decide what intermediate hardware between the synology nas and my denon i want to use and would really welcome any ideas from people.
Main points: must run xbmc, must be able to process 1080p and 5.1 surround, must be able to process my mkv files types & must be simple for the missus to use! must have hdmi output to denon avr, and would like it to have an easy remote control use either comes with the unit or can program by an all-in-one logitech remote (not a fan off having to use android or apple phone as a remote)

Ideally it would be great to simplify it than when i select my source on my avr to whatever the 'intermediate equipment' i buy xbmc home page is already present and ready to go and controlled easily by a remote.

thanks to anybody that replies!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware advice please0