• 5(current)
DTS-HD 7.1 only detected as 5.1 channels
Quote:Then please go and convince the ffmpeg dev's by submitting a patch to them, that way if it's accepted then all ffmpeg open source projects will benefit.

ffmpeg is not in charge of displaying stream info but decoding/encoding them ... mediainfo has this purpose but xbmc is not linked against it; so external parser seems an alternative.[/code]
You can easily change this by using sqlitespy I can provide some sample SQL to do this.

And yes when I helped with YAMJ over the past we use mediainfo for stream info it always has been reliable for us.
Ok the database you want to update is usually here for windows users where Username is the username you installed XMBC with:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database

database name is MyVideosXX.db (where XX is a number).

download sqlitespy its free

run it

open above database

Execute the following SQL replacing 'yourmoviename' with the name of your movie. If you forgot what its called look into movie table for a column called c00
You can always add more movies by adding additional commas and 'yourmoviename' inside the braces.
Example for changing two movies to 8 channels:
Code:
update streamdetails
set iAudioChannels = 8
where strAudioCodec = 'dtshd_ma'
and idFile in (select idFile from movie where c00 in ('yourmoviename1','yourmoviename2'))

Note: this will not fix the mislabeling of the audio channels when the video is playing as that is from FFMPEG.
Though the videos will still play fine with 7.1 audio as it is correctly passed through.
(2014-09-09, 15:24)malosasha Wrote: As said above, actually you can get 7.1 detection/display only by applying this patch on the 13.x branchs : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4586
Im using it for months and it works great either for mkv or bluray dump ;
it is a custom parser that read the header of the first dth-hs ma frame in the stream and extract the extended details.
The patch is not added to xbmc/kodi cause the main devs prefer a solution around ffmpeg; personally i think that header parser could be the only solution for the upcoming wave of audio format that will be available only in passthrough like dts-uhd / dts-atmos / auro 3D and not implemented in ffmpeg like dts-hd ma

Some screenshot of my local install :

I can't find this code on Github, how does it update and can I use it on openelec as this 7.1 icon showing as 5.1 is a really pain.
hi megalodon

you need to take the patch from her e: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4586 and compil a new xbmc with it; if you dont know how to compil ; check the wiki of both xbmc and openelec. just hope that you have the required skills.

the patch has been rejected as there is a close solution to get dts-hd ma decoder in ffmpeg however until it is done; this is the only temporary solution

Regards
for those interested i m maintaining a branch with the 7.1 patch here for kodi : https://github.com/alexmaloteaux/xbmc/tree/kodi-sasha
Using it at home for various devices so will keep it updated as long as another solution is found
(2014-10-02, 00:24)malosasha Wrote: hi megalodon

you need to take the patch from her e: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4586 and compil a new xbmc with it; if you dont know how to compil ; check the wiki of both xbmc and openelec. just hope that you have the required skills.

the patch has been rejected as there is a close solution to get dts-hd ma decoder in ffmpeg however until it is done; this is the only temporary solution

Regards

This post is now 6 months old. 3 versions of Kodi have been released yet we still get 5.1 instead of 7.1 (among other dtsHD issues). What's the current status of this "near" ffmpeg solution?
The same
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-03-12, 07:35)Martijn Wrote: The same

Meaning?

It was stated a solution was coming quick many months ago. The same would mean many moths ago was utter bullshit.
meaning no change.

we never, ever give deadlines. so bullshit or not, it hasn't changed.
Some one could have started and it turned out more difficult or just lack of time. You can accept it or start coding it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just spent an evening on error searching my kodi setup to find out why I couldnt get 7.1 Then I found this thread. Blush Any news on this?
Next release of ffmpeg has support for DTS-HD MA. Means it will be in Kodi 16
Nice to hear! Thanks.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD 7.1 only detected as 5.1 channels1