Thumbnail as folder icon (togglable)
firstly... sorry for so many suggestions... but i keep remembering things that've been on my mind for a while.

would it be easy to add an option for not using thumbnails for folder icons? when i'm browsing, i prefer to see folders as folders... and surely i can't be the only one. also... where did the option to set a file/thumb percentage for 'autoswitching to thumbs' in picture settings go?

oh... and yet another suggestion... how about adding 'network.nickname' to the info labels, so skinners can have some fun wth the home page.
if you dont want folders to get icons, dont use folder.jpg images. simple as that. then if you want items in the folders to have icons, use filename.tbn images. (these are just jpegs named with .tbn as the extension.)

my pictures went thru some significant changes recently. there's a background thumbnailing process which creates thumbs for everything. so, since now everything gets a thumb, the options changed to just enabled or disabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i don't use any folder.jpg images at all.. the thumbs used for the folders are auto-generated by xbmc...

i guess i'll learn to live with it
in what media section? my pictures autogenerates folder thumbs.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
in the pictures section. surely i can't be the only one that thinks that folders should still look like folders.

i have a rather large collection of photos which are all catagorised into different events etc...

anyway, it'd be useful to be able to browse in list view while you're mainly surrounded by folders, then when you arrive in a folder where there's more photo's than subfolders, it jumps to thumbnail view... all the while having folders look like folders.
um - that's what it does.

turn on auto switching. it switches to thumbs view if there is more than 25% files over folders. i can tweak the number a bit if necessary.

i can turn off the folder thumbs in listview easily enough - you can't tell from the images anyway when it's in list view what they are.

cheers,
jonathan

wow, that's awesome... i guess i just didn't notice the percentage switching because of the layout of my photos dirs.

i'm not gonna be so hard-assed as to say "it should be like this...", but i'm sure i'm not the only one who would appreciate the option to not use folder thumbs... it may only be a small thing.. but sometimes it's nicer to see folders rather than 4 tiny thumbs.

if someone could find the time to implement this, i'd be most greatful... though i guess that doesn't really mean much

thanks for thinking over my suggestion.

anyhoo... even with all my ranting about how things could be improved, i keep ranting to my friends to get their boxes modded for the sole purpose of xbmc... i simply love this program and am slowly taking the steps needed to poke around the source and find something i may be able to help with, though i doubt it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail as folder icon (togglable)0