• 3(current)
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread
(2012-06-12, 13:05)schimi2k Wrote: can someone tell me which .xml file i must edit to chaqnge the dimension from the "RATING FLAGS " in Banner View and in TV Info Window ? I changed the US Ratings ( TV-PG, TV-MA... ) to German FSK Logos - but the German Rating Logos are a little bit too big
I searched the Viewtype_Banners.xml but there is nothing with the buttom line with the Studio Flag, Title and Rating

Open "Includes_MediaFlags.xml", line 66 should say "<include>AudioFlagsVars</include>". Delete it, and add the following lines in its place:
Code:
<width>162</width>
<height>108</height>

Obviously you can enter whatever values you want, just keep the 1.5 ratio. Also, you may have to change the <posx>, <posy> above them, if the ratings are not aligned correctly. Regarding the Info window, open "DialogVideoInfo.xml", find lines 771-772, and change the dimensions accordingly.

(2012-06-12, 13:05)schimi2k Wrote: and @ CutSickAss
what kind of PlugIn did u Use to display the Info, what .xml Window is aktualy shown ? (like the Picture in Post#4)

I just enabled skin debugging. Open the file "addon.xml" located in your skin's root folder (not 1080i), search for the word "debugging", and change its value to "true".
Thx very much Smile
(2012-06-08, 09:08)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 08:35)Kokonutcreme Wrote: What xml file do I need to edit to change the default focus button in the Information window from "Play" to "Cinema".

I'm assuming it's just swapping the order around between the two functions.

DialogVideoInfo.xml, lines 934-942, move them to right under line 922 (before the "Play Video" button).

Many thanks for this, worked a treat
I'd like to add to post #9's Landsape logo mod. If you like the simplicity of that mod, try adding the 'one-click trailer to it:

Go from this:

To this:

The trailer is activated simply by pressing up. I've left the logo overlayed because I think it's quite a cool, inobtrusive look.

I'll repost the tooltip mod to save you trawling for it. Remove this line from includes_media.xml:

Code:
<include>Media_Menu_Tooltip</include>

Then from myvideonav.xml, around line 71/72 depending on your version of Nox, Remove the following:

Code:
| Control.IsVisible(503)

Then set infopanel to "on" in the viewtype settings.

All being well if you switch to Kiosk mode, the controls in this view should be left/right to browse, up for trailer. If this doesn't work for anyone else let me know so we can review the mod.

On a seperate note there are a few more changes I would like to make and need bit of help with. Firstly as you can see here:

The gradient at the bottom comes too high and obscures too much of the screen. Does anyone know how I can lower it?

Secondly, the floor logos are not all necessary in this viewtype IMO. Using the above pic as an example, I would like to lose the aspect ratio, lose the resolution logo and swap it for an IMDB logo and rating. Also, possibly lose the codec logo and push the two remaining left logos across one space towards the left edge of the screen. Any help pointers would be appreciated, especially with the gradient. Big Grin
(2012-06-14, 15:23)Deano316 Wrote: I'd like to add to post #9's Landsape logo mod. If you like the simplicity of that mod, try adding the 'one-click trailer to it:

Go from this:

To this:

The trailer is activated simply by pressing up. I've left the logo overlayed because I think it's quite a cool, inobtrusive look.

I'll repost the tooltip mod to save you trawling for it. Remove this line from includes_media.xml:

Code:
<include>Media_Menu_Tooltip</include>

Then from myvideonav.xml, around line 71/72 depending on your version of Nox, Remove the following:

Code:
| Control.IsVisible(503)

Then set infopanel to "on" in the viewtype settings.

All being well if you switch to Kiosk mode, the controls in this view should be left/right to browse, up for trailer. If this doesn't work for anyone else let me know so we can review the mod.

On a seperate note there are a few more changes I would like to make and need bit of help with. Firstly as you can see here:

The gradient at the bottom comes too high and obscures too much of the screen. Does anyone know how I can lower it?

Secondly, the floor logos are not all necessary in this viewtype IMO. Using the above pic as an example, I would like to lose the aspect ratio, lose the resolution logo and swap it for an IMDB logo and rating. Also, possibly lose the codec logo and push the two remaining left logos across one space towards the left edge of the screen. Any help pointers would be appreciated, especially with the gradient. Big Grin

gradient is line 633 in includes_viewtypes.xml. you could either adjust the colordiffuse or exchange <include>FullscreenDimensions</include> with the coordinates of your choice.
the mediaflags part is a bit more tricky and requires adjusting the include "FloorFlags" in includes_mediaflags.xml

EDIT: again assuming you´re using GIT version.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-06-14, 15:23)Deano316 Wrote: The gradient at the bottom comes too high and obscures too much of the screen. Does anyone know how I can lower it?

Includes_Viewtypes.xml, search for "views/logo_back.png", it's probably around line 636. You can either increase the value of <posy> above it, remove it completely, or add an animation to slide it lower when the trailer is visible. I think something like this would work:

Code:
<animation effect="slide" end="0,100" time="300" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>

(2012-06-14, 15:23)Deano316 Wrote: Secondly, the floor logos are not all necessary in this viewtype IMO. Using the above pic as an example, I would like to lose the aspect ratio, lose the resolution logo and swap it for an IMDB logo and rating. Also, possibly lose the codec logo and push the two remaining left logos across one space towards the left edge of the screen. Any help pointers would be appreciated, especially with the gradient. Big Grin

I think those flags go together with the floor, so any edits will be for all the viewtypes that use them. Open Includes_MediaFlags.xml, search for "FloorFlags". If the include starts at line 27 ("<include name="FloorFlags">"), the flags you're looking for will be in the following lines, from left to right:

- Video codec: Line 35, "$VAR[SourceFlagVar,flags/source/,.png]".
- Studio flag: Line 45 for movies, line 57 for TV shows, "$INFO[ListItem.Studio,flags/studios/,.png]".
- MPAA rating: Line 80, "$VAR[RatingFlagVar,flags/rating/,.png]".
- Aspect ratio: Line 87, "$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,flags/aspectratio/,.png]".
- Video resolution: Line 97, "$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,flags/resolution/,.png]".
- Audio codec: Line 111, "$VAR[AudioFlagVar,flags/audio/,.png]".

EDIT: Just saw phil65 already answered this question while I was typing mine, no butting-in intended, sorry!
Got the gradient mod working perfectly, thanks guys Big Grin Worked out where everything is in the Includes_MediaFlags.xml, decided against removing flags altogether because it messes up the flags in tv as well, to much tinkering needed Confused

Would still like to swap aspect ratio for imdb rating though. I know that it's line 87 that needs to be changed, but not sure to what? Also, will I need to add any extra .pngs to skin.aeon.nox > media > flags? I've taken the time to search the thread but couldn't find anything relevant.
(2012-06-14, 17:37)Deano316 Wrote: Would still like to swap aspect ratio for imdb rating though. I know that it's line 87 that needs to be changed, but not sure to what? Also, will I need to add any extra .pngs to skin.aeon.nox > media > flags? I've taken the time to search the thread but couldn't find anything relevant.

The easy way would be to change "$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,flags/aspectratio/,.png]" to "$VAR[ListImage2Var]", and add a gold colordiffuse below it like "<colordiffuse>ffffff00</colordiffuse>", but I don't think that's what you want. I'm guessing you'd prefer the one star, followed by the numeral rating. That's a bit more difficult, since that would require changing the entire control (lines 83-92 I think) with the following:

Code:
<control type="group">
    <posx>1470</posx>
    <posy>987</posy>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-1568" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-824" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-105" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(516)">Conditional</animation>
    <visible>!ListItem.IsFolder</visible>
    <control type="image">
        <width>112</width>
        <include>AudioFlagsVars</include>
        <texture>flags/posters/imdb.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="label">
        <posx>5</posx>
        <posy>27</posy>
        <width>135</width>
        <height>38</height>
        <align>center</align>
        <aligny>center</aligny>
        <font>Font_Bold24</font>
        <textcolor>floor</textcolor>
        <label fallback="?">$INFO[ListItem.Rating]</label>
    </control>
</control>

I haven't tried this, I'm not on my computer right now, so the positions will probably require editing.

EDIT: I edited the positions in the code above, try it now, it looks fine. Also, if the textures (.pngs) you want to add are extras, therefore not replacing existing textures, you may place them wherever you want, and enter that path when using them. If, instead, you wish to replace existing ones, you must, of course, have the uncompressed textures downloaded from GIT in the media folder, not the compressed "Textures.xbt", rename your .pngs accordingly, and move them to the media/whatever folder, replacing the original ones.
(2012-06-14, 18:30)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 17:37)Deano316 Wrote: Would still like to swap aspect ratio for imdb rating though. I know that it's line 87 that needs to be changed, but not sure to what? Also, will I need to add any extra .pngs to skin.aeon.nox > media > flags? I've taken the time to search the thread but couldn't find anything relevant.

The easy way would be to change "$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,flags/aspectratio/,.png]" to "$VAR[ListImage2Var]", and add a gold colordiffuse below it like "<colordiffuse>ffffff00</colordiffuse>", but I don't think that's what you want. I'm guessing you'd prefer the one star, followed by the numeral rating. That's a bit more difficult, since that would require changing the entire control (lines 83-92 I think) with the following:

Code:
<control type="group">
    <posx>1470</posx>
    <posy>987</posy>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-1568" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-824" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-105" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(516)">Conditional</animation>
    <visible>!ListItem.IsFolder</visible>
    <control type="image">
        <posx>1785</posx>        
        <posy>1</posy>
        <width>112</width>
        <texture>flags/posters/imdb.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="label">
        <posx>321</posx>
        <posy>27</posy>
        <width>135</width>
        <height>38</height>
        <align>center</align>
        <aligny>center</aligny>
        <font>Font_Bold24</font>
        <textcolor>floor</textcolor>
        <label fallback="?">$INFO[ListItem.Rating]</label>
    </control>
</control>

I haven't tried this, I'm not on my computer right now, so the positions will probably require editing.

Yeah I'm not in front of mine anymore, the family are back so it'll be a couple of hours before I can give it a go. Again, thanks for taking the time to help Angel Those of us that can't code, rely on the help of others such as yourself and are never made to feel awkward. Now for the long wait til I get my PC back! Confused
As I mentioned on the EDIT, make sure you use the updated code from Post #38, with the fixed positions.
Worked a treat! Big Grin I think I still have some legwork to do though. The IMDB rating is great, I'd like the logo displayed as well so I'm guessing I have to make a bunch of individual pngs for the ratings to diplay with a logo?
If you simply want to show the imdb logo right next to the rating, like this:

then it is extremely simple. Place an IMDb logo icon (like this one: Image) in the media folder (no need to put it in a subfolder), and add the following lines right after "<visible>!ListItem.IsFolder</visible>" without deleting anything, in the code I mentioned earlier (if you've made the edits, this visible tag should be in line 89):

Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>-130</posx>
    <width>112</width>
    <texture>IMDb_Logo.png</texture>
</control>

Make sure the name and path of the IMDb icon in the "<texture>" tag corresponds to your IMDb logo.
Looks like that could work. Can't test this just yet, but was wondering will the extra IMDB logo interfere with the floor logos in episode view?
You're right, it actually overlaps with nearby icons in 3 viewtypes, specifically InfoWall, BigFan and Episode. Would require some thinking as to how one could implement this without any overlapping. The other way would be for you to make an IMDb icon that includes a star, similar to "flags/posters/imdb.png", so as to replace it.
(2012-06-14, 21:41)CutSickAss Wrote: You're right, it actually overlaps with nearby icons in 3 viewtypes, specifically InfoWall, BigFan and Episode. Would require some thinking as to how one could implement this without any overlapping. The other way would be for you to make an IMDb icon that includes a star, similar to "flags/posters/imdb.png", so as to replace it.

I was thinking of altering the existing icon, that way I know it would fit. I dont think it will be a problem, so as soon as its done I'll post a link here. Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread8