• 17(current)
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread
ok guys. this is a question concerning your mod Deano. i use an older version of the mod and it works fine, except for 2 issues u can see from the screen below....

1. the fullscreen video doesn't work for this view. as u can see from the top left, a video is playing, but i can't see it when within the view.

2. since the option to "Darken" fanart was removed, each time i play a video, the fanart gets way too dark. removing the first "FullscreenDimensions" includes from the MyVideoNav revomes the overlay, but i'd like to just remove it for the Landscape viewtype, not every viewtype. can i get some assistance in fixing these issues?
(2012-08-11, 01:02)Lockos Wrote: Hi everyone !

2 requests for tonight !

First of all, I installed the latest git version of Nox today.

My first request is about the movie landscape view (which have been already well treated in this thread).

Under this vew I have this :

and I'd really like to have this view instead :

Also, how do you change the order of logos from left to right ? (I also use the showcase view and video codec comes before studio...)

My second request is about the showcase view. I was addicted to Aeon MQ before trying Nox and the thing that I regret most on Nox showcase view is about fanarts.
Under Aeon MQ, while browsing your movies in showcase view, if you press down, the posters go down and it give free space to admire the beautiful fanarts you set up.
Under Aeon Nox, you can't. I already asked phil65 if he was going to correct this in the next official version of Nox but he told me maybe, he was not sure.
Then i discovered this modding thread and decided to ask the community

I'm kind of a newbie but I know how to modificate the xml file codes so if you could help me to get this, my XBMC would be just perfect !

Thanx in advance !

I started without help, like a big boy Wink, but it's hard so a little help won't be refused !

First of all, I found in "Include_Mediaflags.xml" the aspectratio text part to modify in order to make aspectratio come back on floortags (like in second the picture above) :

Code:
-<control type="image">
<posx>1470</posx>
<posy>987</posy>
<include>AudioFlagsVars</include><texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,flags/aspectratio/,.png]</texture>
<animation effect="slide" condition="Control.IsVisible(550)" reversible="true" end="-450" start="0">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)" reversible="true" end="-1568" start="0">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)" reversible="true" end="-824" start="0">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" condition="Control.IsVisible(516)" reversible="true" end="-105" start="0">Conditional</animation>

and just after those lines, you have those (for source, audiotag, studio, and rating but not for video resolution and aspect ratio, just those I was looking for Big Grin )

Code:
<animation effect="slide" condition="[Control.IsVisible(503) + [Skin.HasSetting(Nox.landscapeonelogo) | Skin.HasSetting(Nox.landscapelogo)] + Container.Content(movies)]" reversible="true" end="1425" start="0">Conditional</animation>
<visible>!ListItem.IsFolder</visible>

That would be the cause of the display of the first picture above. Those lines are for audio tag and are present for all tags but aspect ratio and video resolution.

Am I right ? and if I am, what value should I put for end (for that particular example-the audio flag- we have end="1425" but it changes for every flag so I don't know what value I have to write) ?
And do I have to write the "<visible>!ListItem.IsFolder</visible>" part at the end (for that particular example it is put at the end but it's not for every flag)
Am I doing right ? please, just give me some pieces of info if you have some skinning skills because aspect ratio and resolution floor tags are still missing after those changes Confused

Thank you for your answers !Angel
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
@Lockos: I never did get the hang of the floorlogos, still learning it would seem.

@Shinu: I've noticed that a lot of the code has changed or been removed, so I think a reworking of the code will be necessary shortly.

@phil65: In the Viewtype_Landscape.xml the code which I altered previously to change the ratings flag to the MPAA flag has been removed. Is it possible to reinstate it, or has it been removed for a reason? Also, I was thinking about the tooltip trailer icon issue. Could we not have a trailer icon added either inbetween or next to the source/audio flags at the bottom. Might be a more unobtrusive way of doing it, could try and design one that fits in with Nox? I know that it's not the case for everyone, but I have a local trailer for all of my movies (800 of them Confused) so the tooltip indicator is just in the way. If symmetry is an issue add the MPAA ratings flag to make up the space.

@defluo: Finally got to sit in front of the new view properly and I have to say its looking great. A few things to address. The tagline gradient was inconsistent and now looks better. I think the only issue is that the one currently being used encroaches on the fanart a bit too much. I could make another, but unless everyone is using the ACTUAL GIT they won't be able to add it because of the textures.xbt file in the media folder.

I'm guessing with the release date info you're thinking of adding it in? The two main issues with that from a non technical standpoint are the firstly, there is no standard way ratings are displayed on posters, but I suppose on IMDB and tmdb they are documented the same away I suppose. Secondly, The release date is there IMO to get people hyped for the film's release. Once the film is out does the release date not become redundant? The year of release is displayed on the info page in any case for those that are interested.

If you're not fed up of it already, chances are its getting irritating working on it for day's on end, maybe get the remaining issues resolved and once the layout is locked fiddle about with the logo size if necessary. Have to say though, what we have so far looks pretty sweet Big Grin

(2012-08-12, 17:30)Deano316 Wrote: @Lockos: I never did get the hang of the floorlogos, still learning it would seem.

@Shinu: I've noticed that a lot of the code has changed or been removed, so I think a reworking of the code will be necessary shortly.

@phil65: In the Viewtype_Landscape.xml the code which I altered previously to change the ratings flag to the MPAA flag has been removed. Is it possible to reinstate it, or has it been removed for a reason? Also, I was thinking about the tooltip trailer icon issue. Could we not have a trailer icon added either inbetween or next to the source/audio flags at the bottom. Might be a more unobtrusive way of doing it, could try and design one that fits in with Nox? I know that it's not the case for everyone, but I have a local trailer for all of my movies (800 of them Confused) so the tooltip indicator is just in the way. If symmetry is an issue add the MPAA ratings flag to make up the space.

@defluo: Finally got to sit in front of the new view properly and I have to say its looking great. A few things to address. The tagline gradient was inconsistent and now looks better. I think the only issue is that the one currently being used encroaches on the fanart a bit too much. I could make another, but unless everyone is using the ACTUAL GIT they won't be able to add it because of the textures.xbt file in the media folder.

I'm guessing with the release date info you're thinking of adding it in? The two main issues with that from a non technical standpoint are the firstly, there is no standard way ratings are displayed on posters, but I suppose on IMDB and tmdb they are documented the same away I suppose. Secondly, The release date is there IMO to get people hyped for the film's release. Once the film is out does the release date not become redundant? The year of release is displayed on the info page in any case for those that are interested.

If you're not fed up of it already, chances are its getting irritating working on it for day's on end, maybe get the remaining issues resolved and once the layout is locked fiddle about with the logo size if necessary. Have to say though, what we have so far looks pretty sweet Big Grin

i didn´t remove any code concerning that, it probably is just a few lines higher now because i tidied up the code in the last days.
and no, i won´t move trailer indicator into media flags section.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Try again then. I'm not sure you'll like this one, but I actually think it works better. As for the release date, it was basically going off your idea of making it a true movie poster. Since there was potential room at the bottom I figured why not

Viewtype_landscape.xml
Includes_Viewtypes.xml
Includes_Mediaflags.xml
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
I'll certainly give it a try, who knows I might like it. I'm not opposed to any new ideas, from me or anyone else. I could suggest more things that we could add, such as web address, palm d'or logo, academy award logo, IMDB rating, soundtrack icon etc. but want to try to keep the info to a minimum. At least at first glance anyway.

Your current alteration looks like a letterbox version, could be a great idea. Well end up with two at this rate Laugh I'll fire this up in a bit and give you some feedback. Wink
i pushed something for you guys Wink
you now get the floor labels if no logo is present + bigger logos + no slide animation anymore (looks better i think) + tagline at top
because i moved the logo out of item/focusedlayout it is now also possible to apply the workaround for sets i explained some time ago.
have fun.
btw i could also add this view for music artists now that i have made those changes.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-08-12, 20:14)phil65 Wrote: i pushed something for you guys Wink
you now get the floor labels if no logo is present + bigger logos + no slide animation anymore (looks better i think) + tagline at top
because i moved the logo out of item/focusedlayout it is now also possible to apply the workaround for sets i explained some time ago.
have fun.
btw i could also add this view for music artists now that i have made those changes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....Outstanding!! Big Grin
have fun.

oh phil. I spend a week doing this and you make my work obselete within a few hours. If you weren't so awesome I'd be pretty pissed
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
(2012-08-12, 20:28)defluo Wrote:
have fun.

oh phil. I spend a week doing this and you make my work obselete within a few hours. If you weren't so awesome I'd be pretty pissed

Rofl
Big Grin Great work guys!
(2012-08-12, 20:28)defluo Wrote:
have fun.

Cool
...and to make it complete, i also added the option to completely disable the infopanel for movies.
(2012-08-12, 21:33)phil65 Wrote: ...and to make it complete, i also added the option to completely disable the infopanel for movies.

.....Shocked......

Awesome. Big Grin Not only improves the skin, but takes some of the hard work out of tweaking any updates. Thanks so much.

BTW, the new music view looks sweet!!!
Good stuff!

I love the larger logos, and the removal of the slide animation - it does look much better without it.

If i didn't have 800+ artists in the music library I'd definitely use that landscape view there as well. Perhaps when viewing genres....
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread8