LOVE XBMC but can't get sound to work!
Just built an Ubuntu box and put XBMC on it.....everything works great except for the sound. Here are the specs:
Mobo is a Biostar K8M800 Micro AM2
Added a Zotec GeForce GT430 vid card (for the HDMI output)
Also added a Turtle Beach Riviera Soundcard (for the optical output)--I think it is the C-Media CMI 8738

Ok so when I try to configure audio in XBMC there are a billion options and I'm not sure what to try....I've tried all of the ones that looked right but no worky. Here is my setup:
Running HDMI cable to projector
Want to run OPTICAL from turtle beach card to my yamaha receiver to handle the audio

I have another media server running Boxee that works great with HDMI and optical output......just can't seem to figure out the right combo to get the sound working on this XBMC box Sad

I tried disabling the mobo's onboard sound card too.....figured that would narrow my choices down but it still didn't help much...

Any ideas out there?
Check this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127428
Thank you! I'll check it out when I have time to digest it all Smile

Does it show how to use the HDMI sound? I actually need to use the OPTICAL output of my PCI sound card and not the HDMI sound because my HDMI connection goes straight to my projector.....well hopefully that article will point me in the right direction.....Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LOVE XBMC but can't get sound to work!0