OS X Shared Library Won't Get Scraped
I have a Mac mini setup with XBMC using the internal harddrive to store the content. It scrapes and updates the library fine. I recently wanted to add XBMC to all the computers on the network. I've tried on two MacBook Pros, one running Snow Leopard, and the other running Lion. I installed the latest version of XBMC available on both computers. I shared the Media folder on the Mac mini through Sharing in System Preferences with AFP and SMB checked. I added the sources on XBMC in the MBPs with setting the content. I have a folder with TV Shows and another with Movies, both of them I added trying SMB and AFP. I can see and stream the content through files, but nothing is getting scraped. And it seems that every time I try setting the content, it just doesn't get set. I ran debugging and the main error seems to be "GetScraperForPath failed". I should mention that I tried sharing using UPnP with the same result, except that I get the artwork when viewing the content in files mode, again nothing is getting scraped.

Of course I've tried searching quite a bit about this issue with no luck on finding a solution. I see some mentions about SQL databases, but I'm really ignorant when it comes to SQL, and I don't see why I need to get into that as other people seem to be scraping their libraries over network shares fine without dealing with SQL.

Any guidance towards resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
See the wiki guide: MySQL (wiki).
(2012-08-04, 13:30)Ned Scott Wrote: See the wiki guide: MySQL (wiki).

I'm currently looking into this. But just to make things clear, I'm not trying to make all my libraries synced together, meaning if I watched something on one computer, have it marked as watched in all computers. At this point, I just want to be able to scrape my shared media folder on all of the computers with themoviedb and thetvdb. All of the MySQL how to's seem to emphasize on how everything would be synced together in terms of if you added a bookmark here it will be added there. That's not my concern. What I want is to be able to access my shared media through the TV Shows and Movies menus without seeing the root folders and all that crap. I want the Library experience with the art work and episode information that I have on my Mac mini server on all of the computers.
You don't need MySQL or any of that stuff. You simply share your directories from your Mini, like you are already trying to do and each of your other clients hold their own libraries and posters and stuff.

- If your Mini is using Lion, don't use SMB, use AFP or NFS instead
- Post a debug log
- Maybe post a screenshot of your file sharing preferences from OSX
The mini is running Snow Leopard.
Screen shot of the Sharing settings:

As you can see, I have both AFP and SMB on. As I said, I've tried scarping using both methods. It just doesn't work. My main problem is that it seems the shared folders are added as a source with no problem. It's just that XBMC won't scrape anything when I add the sources and it seems to forget that I set the content to movies for example. I've tried scraping the shared library on MacBook Pro running Lion and a MacBook Pro running Leopard same result.

This is the log from the MBP running Snow Leopard. First, I add a the Mac mini movie source via AFP, set the content to movies and fail at scraping. Then I try to set the content again by bringing the context menu with the same result. I think the main line of code that concerns the issue is "GetScraperForPath failed".
Can you view and play the movies from the clients?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-08-05, 01:04)jmarshall Wrote: Can you view and play the movies from the clients?

Yeah. Files mode works perfectly fine. Setting the content just doesn't seem to take, so I can't view anything in Library mode.
Ah, sharing as in file sharing, my bad.

Does this help?: Adding videos to the library (wiki). Especially the naming portion that describes file names and directory structure.

If that's not the issue, get a debug log (wiki) of when you try to scrape/scan files into the library. There could be a permissions issue or something.
(2012-08-05, 03:41)Ned Scott Wrote: Ah, sharing as in file sharing, my bad.

Does this help?: Adding videos to the library (wiki). Especially the naming portion that describes file names and directory structure.

If that's not the issue, get a debug log (wiki) of when you try to scrape/scan files into the library. There could be a permissions issue or something.

As I said, on the Mac mini which has the files, there are no issues. It scrapes the content perfectly fine and doesn't miss a beat. But when I add the content through a network share on the MBP, I cannot scrape. I can only browse in files mode. I did attach a log in the previous post recreating that same issue.

(2012-08-04, 23:08)anamono Wrote: This is the log from the MBP running Snow Leopard. First, I add a the Mac mini movie source via AFP, set the content to movies and fail at scraping. Then I try to set the content again by bringing the context menu with the same result. I think the main line of code that concerns the issue is "GetScraperForPath failed".
Thought I'd add what perceives me as the relevant portion of the log.

Code:
23:46:55 T:74376512   ERROR: SetScraperForPath (afp://192.168.1.78/Media/Movies/) failed

The same thing happens no matter what sharing method I use.

UPnP
Code:
08:38:24 T:74376512   ERROR: SetScraperForPath (upnp://e8229ec9-9d89-1a45-5204-4d65be6843a9/videodb%3a%2f%2f1%2f2%2f/) failed

SMB
Code:
08:44:58 T:74376512   ERROR: SetScraperForPath (smb://192.168.1.78/Media/Movies/) failed
We need much more than that from the Debug Log - likely the useful bits just before that line. From your log above, it appears that the problem is your videodb is corrupt.

Go into userdata/Database and remove the highest numbered MyVideos*.db file.

NOTE: Don't use upnp, that will certainly break. But smb:// (preferred) and afp:// should be fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-08-05, 07:52)jmarshall Wrote: We need much more than that from the debug log - likely the useful bits just before that line. From your log above, it appears that the problem is your videodb is corrupt.

Go into userdata/Database and remove the highest numbered MyVideos*.db file.

NOTE: Don't use upnp, that will certainly break. But smb:// (preferred) and afp:// should be fine.

Deleted the db file. Opened XBMC and added the source using AFP. Same result can access the files but no scraping.

Log
You also have MyVideos34.db, delete that one as well. It's such an old version that i wouldn't necessarily trust that XBMC knows how to upgrade it correctly to ver 60. When you launch XBMC will vreate a fresh database, try again after that.
(2012-08-05, 09:06)toiva Wrote: You also have MyVideos34.db, delete that one as well. It's such an old version that i wouldn't necessarily trust that XBMC knows how to upgrade it correctly to ver 60. When you launch XBMC will vreate a fresh database, try again after that.

You are the man!!! It worked! Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared Library Won't Get Scraped0