Win Subtitle problem (built-in PGS, external ASS)
Hi you guys,

I installed xbmc only last night and I am basically happy with how it works, except for obvious subtitle issues. When it played bluray remuxed with new added pgs subtitles, the "added" one just kept flashing on and off. The built-in pgs subtitle is fine. I created the PGS by using EasySup and used TsRemux to make the Bluray structure. The new subtitle displayed well in Total MediaTheater and my home Network Tank Player.

I also tried to call for external ass subtitles, but XBMC made them all out of sync.

Since this is my first try with XBMC, so there is a good chance that I did something not right?
are you using eden or a nightly ?
if it's eden check this
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
It happens in both stable and a nightly versions. But I will try your suggestion. Thank you.
It happens in both stable and a nightly versions. But I will try your suggestion. Thank you.
well with the nighly's the subs are completly broken up when using it with blu-ray even the .srt subs,
they are off like 10 minutes,
when switching to eden the same subs work without a problem.
the nighly subs issue is only marked as low-priority perhaps because not much people use subs with blu-ray.
you can find the report here
perhaps it would help if you also give a reply to the TRAK to give it a higher priority.
since the subs got borked with the nightly's i stopped testing the nighly's because it's not useable for my home situation.

I hope too see the is problem fixed as well. It should be up there at the top the to do list.
well it doesn't seem to be on the top of there todo list,
PGS subs already had issues with all xbmc releases,
but .srt subs did work and i could live with it.
but that got also broken with frodo the subs are like 10 minutes off.

Nightly Builds have subs issues with blu-ray's
TRAK report about .srt subs not working with nightly builds (3 months ago)
TRAK report about PGS subs not working on any xbmc build (12 months ago)

perhaps because not much people use subs or watch full/remux blu-rays (m2ts)
if more people would response here in the topics and on the TRAK perhaps then it would go up in there todo list.

Well for people who speak English only there are many movies that need PGS subs for the foreign speaking parts.
That's why this really surprises me that it's not a priority issue.
I'm bringing up the issue over at ffmpeg along with others since it really is on their end.
Hope to see a patch from them and get this thing resolved.

https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/598

Not that i wrote this ticket up it was someone else i'm just posting down below.

edit:Here's a new ticket opened up... https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1722
Ok looks like the patch that was made is for ffplay so it needs to be patched in libffmpeg itself first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle problem (built-in PGS, external ASS)0