fanart/clean art and logos question
Hi

I am fairly new to XBMC. I am playing around with the Artwork/Clean Art and logos. I enabled the options in settings, but the Skin does not seem to use it. When I select “Use Logo” for instance it gives me what looks like a generic XBMC “logo”. I can see that a bunch of extra pictures was downloaded, but it does not seem to use it.

Secondly is it possible to have multiple backdrops which change on an interval?

Please advise.

Thanks
1) you need the logo.png/clearart.png files. you can get them with artwork downloader add-on.
if you have them already, try deleting userdata/database/texturesxx.db
2) multiple backdrops for which area?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hi

And thanks for the reply. I am talking about the backgrounds when in Tv shows/Movies, something like shown in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KaBY5Zuhfg.

I tried deleting the userdata/database/texturesxx.db, but no change. Below are some screenshots of my problem.
Does it make a difference that the media is stored on a network share?

The other thing I noticed is that although there are different fanart files for each season, all of the seasons seem to use the TVShow's fanart?

The actual files and folders looks like :

The area that you have circled in the first pic is reserved for posters. The only poster.jpg you have in the correct folder is actually a banner. All fanart (except extrafanart) needs to be kept in the root folder of the show - the same folder you have your tvshow.nfo
Furthermore, season fanart needs to be named season1-fanart, season2-fanart, etc. Same with season posters - season1-poster, season2-poster, etc (if you have "use poster.jpg" option ticked). Try a little reorganization and see if you can get the results you want.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-04, 20:07)thrak76 Wrote: The area that you have circled in the first pic is reserved for posters. The only poster.jpg you have in the correct folder is actually a banner.

No true.
It can hold logo.png and cleart.png too.
Works for my btw.

Check the Debug Log for image read errors.
Most probably an server access problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-04, 20:44)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 20:07)thrak76 Wrote: The area that you have circled in the first pic is reserved for posters. The only poster.jpg you have in the correct folder is actually a banner.

No true.
It can hold logo.png and cleart.png too.
Works for my btw.

Didn't realize that! Been awhile since I've used the BigFan viewtype - not since single-logo landscape came around.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Hi

And thanks for the reply. If I change the Icon to “Poster” the are circled in the first pic shows the poster named poster.jpg in the season 1 folder, but should it not use the logo.png when icon is set to “logo”?

Secondly, I tried naming the fanart files to season1-fanart as you suggested, but I still only see the fanart from the Tv show when browsing to the season. What am I missing.

I also still cannot figure out how to use the extra fanart and clear art (I should add that these images were downloaded by the artwork downloader). For example, I set the TVShow view to “Banner Plex” and change the view type setting “fanart” to extra fanart, I only see the fanart in the tv show folder, not from the extra fanart folder

What are the area’s circled in the second picture for?

Thanks.
(2012-08-04, 20:57)Coden Wrote: Hi

And thanks for the reply. If I change the Icon to “Poster” the are circled in the first pic shows the poster named poster.jpg in the season 1 folder, but should it not use the logo.png when icon is set to “logo”?

Seasons don't have logos or clearart - your only option is poster if you use BigFan for season level.

(2012-08-04, 20:57)Coden Wrote: Secondly, I tried naming the fanart files to season1-fanart as you suggested, but I still only see the fanart from the Tv show when browsing to the season. What am I missing.

It doesn't look like BigFan has the option to use season fanart at the season level

(2012-08-04, 20:57)Coden Wrote: I also still cannot figure out how to use the extra fanart and clear art (I should add that these images were downloaded by the artwork downloader). For example, I set the TVShow view to “Banner Plex” and change the view type setting “fanart” to extra fanart, I only see the fanart in the tv show folder, not from the extra fanart folder

The areas you have circled should be showing your logo, clearart, and landscape thumb. This makes me think that you have some read/access issues on your artwork, as Martijn suggested.
(2012-08-04, 21:35)thrak76 Wrote:

Seasons don't have logos or clearart - your only option is poster if you use BigFan for season level.
wrong. it can

(2012-08-04, 20:57)Coden Wrote: Secondly, I tried naming the fanart files to season1-fanart as you suggested, but I still only see the fanart from the Tv show when browsing to the season. What am I missing.

It doesn't look like BigFan has the option to use season fanart at the season level
correct

(2012-08-04, 21:55)Martijn Wrote:

wrong. it can

So then drop the logo/clearart in the season folders also?
(2012-08-04, 21:57)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 21:55)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 21:35)thrak76 Wrote: Seasons don't have logos or clearart - your only option is poster if you use BigFan for season level.
wrong. it can

So then drop the logo/clearart in the season folders also?

No it just shows the TV show logo/clearart. Season logo are very very very rare and i only know that some manga/anime shows have different logos each season
So it does. Learn something new everyday here on the forums!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart/clean art and logos question0