Widgets disappearing?
Hey guys I'm sure this is a quick fix or maybe a wrong setting on my end, but sometime I loose all my widgets. If I go back into the skin settings and open up the customizer, they come right back, but then eventually disappear again. It seems to be happening randomly and has been going on with every new Git pull. Any ideas?

Thanks and as usual thanks for a great skin!
Sounds daft but press backspace when on the main menu, when you are a selection that has widgets of course.
I have the same issue but for me it seems to be happenng whenever i restart xbmc. I just do what the op does and everything is back up.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Does no one notice the "Show Widgets" label with the backspace icon in the top left corner?
Ya I noticed that you can hide them. But this isn't working either. When I click to show widgets they still don't show up.
Don't take this the wrong way, I have to ask: You pressed "Backspace" on your keyboard, right? If you just clicked on it with your mouse, it won't work.
(2012-08-05, 17:24)win88ice2004 Wrote: Ya I noticed that you can hide them. But this isn't working either. When I click to show widgets they still don't show up.

I tried deleting the guisettings.xml file today and i setup the skin again and have not had this issue since yesterday. Try that and see if that helps. Just take a copy of the file before you make any changes.

Goodluck

Update:

I have the issue back now. I opened Youtube and played some videos and i have the issue again.

http://postimage.org/image/jmxl43hw5/

As you can see i do not see anything. Even the background is black.

Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Yep i hit the backspace key. I know the skin is not mouse friendly so I don't use 1. That is the exact issue I am having too. Interesting.
nver had that. which platform are you using?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I have been having this exact same problem, using 3.5 and I'm on Openelec beta5. It's really annoying, everytime I restart my machine I have to go into the skin settings / customize - and then magically all of my settings are there and once I back out they all are back. It's not the back button hiding them, because just like the picture posted by hunkyn I can see the blank widgets. I also get a RandomItems.py script fail so I'm wondering if that could be the problem as well.
same issues w/ Aeon 3.5 Windows 7 XBMC 11.0
I am on Win7 64 bit. What is odd though i also use nox 3.5 on my windows 8 and android tablet and i do not have this issue.
possible fix is on GIT. can´t test, it never happened here. another try would be to rename/remove userdata/guisettings.xml although you´ll loose skin settings then.
(2012-08-06, 22:22)hunkyn Wrote: I am on Win7 64 bit. What is odd though i also use nox 3.5 on my windows 8 and android tablet and i do not have this issue.

how does it perform an android tablets?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-08-06, 22:29)phil65 Wrote: possible fix is on GIT. can´t test, it never happened here. another try would be to rename/remove userdata/guisettings.xml although you´ll loose skin settings then.

I tried the guisettings.xml option but no luck it has come back. On

(2012-08-06, 22:29)phil65 Wrote: how does it perform an android tablets?

Actually i was surprised with the performance on the tablet. XBMC itself is in early stages so we have issues on that front but as far as the skin everything works. Only thing is we cannot get to the viewtypes easily with nox compared to the touch skins out there. Other than that i have not had lot of issues with the skin.
(2012-08-06, 22:49)hunkyn Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 22:29)phil65 Wrote: possible fix is on GIT. can´t test, it never happened here. another try would be to rename/remove userdata/guisettings.xml although you´ll loose skin settings then.

I tried the guisettings.xml option but no luck it has come back. On

(2012-08-06, 22:29)phil65 Wrote: how does it perform an android tablets?

Actually i was surprised with the performance on the tablet. XBMC itself is in early stages so we have issues on that front but as far as the skin everything works. Only thing is we cannot get to the viewtypes easily with nox compared to the touch skins out there. Other than that i have not had lot of issues with the skin.

tried GIT fix?
and what do you mean with "get to viewtypes"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widgets disappearing?0