Win issues on power savings option "Put display to sleep when idle"
I have a question with regard to the option "put display to sleep when idle". I have been using xbmc for at least more than one year and I always try to use the most updated nightly builds. Recently I noted that the option "put display to sleep when idle" has been changed to no longer really put the screen to sleep, but just put the refresh rate to a very low rate (5fps). While in previous builds, it really turn off the screen after 5 minutes (I set the option to "5 minutes" to pur display to sleep). I wonder if this is really a change or I missed something. And why change this? thanks.

I am using Win7 X64 ultimate version. XBMC is the latest build (Aug 2 version).
Add: CPU: i3 2100, embeded graphics card (HD 2000).
+1 not working
I have created a bug ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13241
Seems to have broken in the newest monthly build.
Been broken in both Alphas 4 and 5... Hope that trac ticket gets noticed soon :-)
Just saw this trac ticket get flagged as fixed by WiSo!

Should be sorted in the next Nightly.
Seems (in the most recent Alpha 6) that this issue is partially resolved; but the display won't sleep if a video is paused... Screen saver kicks in correctly, but not display sleeping...

Anyone else noticed the same?
Anyone notice a regression on this in Frodo Final under Windows? Seems 'Put Display to Sleep' isn't functioning at all again... At least not for me? Was OK under RC3...

Loving the final release otherwise, great job Devs!!!
I'm seeing this issue as well on the Frodo final. I've got mine set to 5 minutes, it doesn't turn off the display, the screen turns black and then turns back on and the news text at the bottom scrolls by but really laggy. Then 5 minutes later the screen actually turns off, this could be due to Windows being set to turn off the display after 5 minutes also. But when a video is paused, the screen doesn't turn off at all.
Having this issue too.. Pretty sure at least rc1 and rc2 where good (rc3 I believe too) bit to see a bug like this get into a final build is really disappointing!

Windows 7 x64
same here. the issue is back again.
I'm getting this same problem as well. Everything else about the final is great - however (for whatever reason) this is one of my favorite things about XBMC. I'm on Win7 x64 as well.
Agreed; great release - pity about this one issue. I need to test further but it's possible that once the display is meant to switch off (which it err... doesn't do ;-), Windows Power Management kicks in if it's set up...
In any case, the original Trac ticket is here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13241

Anyone got a Trac account to reopen it with?
Same issues as well. Worked fine for RC3 now on Frodo final it just pops it out of the dim screensaver back to bright with the RSS scroll being laggy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issues on power savings option "Put display to sleep when idle"2