Multiple Issues with 3.5 (and 3.01 for that matter)
First of all, I love this skin. Great work! But I've had problem upgrading from 3.0. Everything is fine on 3.0, but I get random lock ups when I upgrade to either 3.0.1 or 3.5. It usually happens when I select an actor from the info screen of a TV show or movie. I am using a Harmony Remote in conjunction with a iMon sensor that sends keystrokes. It will occasionally lock up doing other things though, like navigating through file mode. It will usually happen after XBMC has been running for at least half a day or so, and is completely random when it occurs, so I haven't been able to recreate the lock up when I have debug logging selected, because I am obviously not going to use XBMC for long periods of time with logging enabled. I do not have get any lock ups with 3.0, or any other skin I've tried.

I also have an issue, specific to 3.5 where I get a "randomandlastitems.py script failed" message upon starting XBMC.

I know without a log, that there is probably not much help anyone can provide, but I'm open to any ideas. The locking up is an issue, because I have to grab my bluetooth keyboard, do a ctrl-alt-delete to bring up task manager and end the task on XBMC to get out of it.

PC is a custom built Athlon X2 5600+, with 2GB, RAM and a GeFore 9500GT PCI-E video card, running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.
Do you have MovieSets addon enabled?
I don't suppose you have the moviesets add-on installed? That's notorious for system hangs.

EDIT - Haha! Ninja'd with exact same post! Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
No, I do not have that add-on installed.
Sorry but no Debug Log means no help.

We can't go guessing what the issue might be
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-04, 20:12)thrak76 Wrote: I don't suppose you have the moviesets add-on installed? That's notorious for system hangs.

EDIT - Haha! Ninja'd with exact same post! Smile

(2012-08-04, 20:17)Martijn Wrote: Sorry but no debug log means no help.

We can't go guessing what the issue might be

Yeah, I'm doing the best I can with that, but this is a device that the entire family uses, and they are not going to watch videos with the On Screen display that runs when debug logging is on (nor am I for that matter). If it was something that happened when I did something specific every time, then getting a log wouldn't be a problem. It often won't happen until XBMC has been running for hours.
(2012-08-04, 20:21)relayer35 Wrote: Yeah, I'm doing the best I can with that, but this is a device that the entire family uses, and they are not going to watch videos with the On Screen display that runs when debug logging is on (nor am I for that matter). If it was something that happened when I did something specific every time, then getting a log wouldn't be a problem. It often won't happen until XBMC has been running for hours.

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <
loglevel>1</loglevel>
 </
advancedsettings
Enabled Debug Log without the onscreen stuff

Userdata/advancedsettings.xml (wiki)

Maybe there is a crashlog located in your userdata folder from last time.
(2012-08-04, 20:31)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 20:21)relayer35 Wrote: Yeah, I'm doing the best I can with that, but this is a device that the entire family uses, and they are not going to watch videos with the On Screen display that runs when debug logging is on (nor am I for that matter). If it was something that happened when I did something specific every time, then getting a log wouldn't be a problem. It often won't happen until XBMC has been running for hours.

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <
loglevel>1</loglevel>
 </
advancedsettings
Enabled debug log without the onscreen stuff

Userdata/advancedsettings.xml (wiki)

Maybe there is a crashlog located in your userdata folder from last time.

Thanks, that helps. No crashlog though. I only seem to get those when the program physically crashes, and I get thrown back to the desktop with a Windows Message Box saying the program has crashed. It's rare that happens. Hiding the onscreen stuff helps.

Any ideas about the script error on startup that only happens with 3.5? Do you need a debug log for that as well? If so, here's one. This happens every startup:
http://relayer35.com/xbmc.zip

That doesn't have the lock up in it, just the script error.
Regarding the RandomItems.py error, try this.
No go with that script. I tried it anyway, but the error message is saying the script is randomandlastitems.py
(2012-08-04, 21:16)relayer35 Wrote: No go with that script. I tried it anyway, but the error message is saying the script is randomandlastitems.py

Report your problem here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448

together with Debug Log
(2012-08-04, 21:16)relayer35 Wrote: No go with that script. I tried it anyway, but the error message is saying the script is randomandlastitems.py

Sorry, didn't notice the exact name, I just saw "randomitems..." and assumed it was the infamous RandomItems.py error.
Quote:Report your problem here

together with debug log

Okay, I reported the bug in the thread you suggested, but was told this isn't a script error, that there is a problem with a smart playlist. I never created any smart playlists, at least not knowingly. What I did create was custom menu items that point to a video folder. Last night I created two more, and now when I start XBMC I notice in the log that this randomandlastitems.py is being generated for all three of the custom menu entries. They directed me back to this thread. Any ideas on what is happening? Here is the debug log code. Oh, and I get this error on start up or every time I update the library.

Code:
07:13:41 T:1732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To SetFocus(11)
07:13:41 T:4360    INFO: Caching image from: http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/256227/4332141.jpg to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/6/6f6bc2cc.tbn with width 512 and height 512
07:13:41 T:4360   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0C39CC48) http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/256227/4332141.jpg
07:13:41 T:4360    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://thetvdb.com
07:13:42 T:2476    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:13:42 T:2476   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
07:13:42 T:2476   ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'plugin.video.youtube')
07:13:42 T:6108    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:13:42 T:6108   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
07:13:42 T:6108   ERROR: Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Videos 7\\Kids Movies\\,return)')
07:13:42 T:4304    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:13:42 T:4304   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
07:13:42 T:4304   ERROR: Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Video Camera\\,return)')
07:13:42 T:4652    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:13:42 T:4652   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
07:13:42 T:4652   ERROR: Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", "ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Videos 7\\Christine's TV\\,return)")
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting ...
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### author: Ppic, Frost, ronie, `Black
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### version: 4.1.20
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### dateformat: %m/%d/%y
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### params: {'silent': 'True'}
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### db more than 24h old, rescanning...
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShows", "params": {"properties": ["title", "file", "thumbnail", "fanart"], "sort": { "method": "title" } }, "id": 1}
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling videolibrary.gettvshows
07:13:42 T:1732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating SetFocus(11)
07:13:42 T:1732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To SetFocus(11)
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 212 ms for 66 items query: SELECT * FROM tvshowview
07:13:42 T:2476   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 607, in <module>
                                                _parse_argv()
                                              File "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 601, in _parse_argv
                                                _getPlaylistType ();
                                              File "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 47, in _getPlaylistType
                                                _doc = parse(xbmc.translatePath(PLAYLIST))
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1918, in parse
                                                return expatbuilder.parse(file)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 922, in parse
                                                fp = open(file, 'rb')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'plugin.video.youtube')
07:13:42 T:2476    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
07:13:42 T:4304   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 607, in <module>
                                                _parse_argv()
                                              File "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 601, in _parse_argv
                                                _getPlaylistType ();
                                              File "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py", line 47, in _getPlaylistType
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1918, in parse
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 922, in parse
                                                fp = open(file, 'rb')
                                            IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Video Camera\\,return)')
07:13:42 T:4304    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
07:13:42 T:6108   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                _parse_argv()
                                                _getPlaylistType ();
                                                fp = open(file, 'rb')
                                            IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Videos 7\\Kids Movies\\,return)')
07:13:42 T:6108    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
07:13:42 T:4652   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                _parse_argv()
                                                _getPlaylistType ();
                                                fp = open(file, 'rb')
                                            IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", "ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Videos 7\\Christine's TV\\,return)")
07:13:42 T:4652    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
07:13:42 T:2476    INFO: Python script stopped
07:13:42 T:2476   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2476 terminating
07:13:42 T:4304    INFO: Python script stopped
(2012-08-06, 19:20)relayer35 Wrote:
Quote:Report your problem here

together with debug log

Okay, I reported the bug in the thread you suggested, but was told this isn't a script error, that there is a problem with a smart playlist. I never created any smart playlists, at least not knowingly. What I did create was custom menu items that point to a video folder. Last night I created two more, and now when I start XBMC I notice in the log that this randomandlastitems.py is being generated for all three of the custom menu entries. They directed me back to this thread. Any ideas on what is happening? Here is the debug log code. Oh, and I get this error on start up or every time I update the library.

Code:
07:13:41 T:1732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To SetFocus(11)
07:13:41 T:4360    INFO: Caching image from: http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/256227/4332141.jpg to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/6/6f6bc2cc.tbn with width 512 and height 512
07:13:41 T:4360   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0C39CC48) http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/256227/4332141.jpg
07:13:41 T:4360    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://thetvdb.com
07:13:42 T:2476    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:13:42 T:2476   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
07:13:42 T:2476   ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'plugin.video.youtube')
07:13:42 T:6108    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:13:42 T:6108   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
07:13:42 T:6108   ERROR: Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Videos 7\\Kids Movies\\,return)')
07:13:42 T:4304    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:13:42 T:4304   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
07:13:42 T:4304   ERROR: Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Video Camera\\,return)')
07:13:42 T:4652    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
07:13:42 T:4652   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
07:13:42 T:4652   ERROR: Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", "ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Videos 7\\Christine's TV\\,return)")
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting ...
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### author: Ppic, Frost, ronie, `Black
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### version: 4.1.20
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### dateformat: %m/%d/%y
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### params: {'silent': 'True'}
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: ### db more than 24h old, rescanning...
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShows", "params": {"properties": ["title", "file", "thumbnail", "fanart"], "sort": { "method": "title" } }, "id": 1}
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling videolibrary.gettvshows
07:13:42 T:1732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating SetFocus(11)
07:13:42 T:1732   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To SetFocus(11)
07:13:42 T:4784   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 212 ms for 66 items query: SELECT * FROM tvshowview
07:13:42 T:2476   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                _parse_argv()
                                                _getPlaylistType ();
                                                fp = open(file, 'rb')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'plugin.video.youtube')
07:13:42 T:2476    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
07:13:42 T:4304   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                _parse_argv()
                                                _getPlaylistType ();
                                                fp = open(file, 'rb')
                                            IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Video Camera\\,return)')
07:13:42 T:4304    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
07:13:42 T:6108   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                _parse_argv()
                                                _getPlaylistType ();
                                                fp = open(file, 'rb')
                                            IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Videos 7\\Kids Movies\\,return)')
07:13:42 T:6108    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
07:13:42 T:4652   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                _parse_argv()
                                                _getPlaylistType ();
                                                fp = open(file, 'rb')
                                            IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", "ActivateWindow(videos,K:\\Videos 7\\Christine's TV\\,return)")
07:13:42 T:4652    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
07:13:42 T:2476    INFO: Python script stopped
07:13:42 T:2476   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2476 terminating
07:13:42 T:4304    INFO: Python script stopped

what are your background and widget settings for your custom main menu items?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Backgrounds are set to single image, and I have no Widgets for any of them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Issues with 3.5 (and 3.01 for that matter)0