Yet another HTPC thread ...
Actually, this mobo is not a micro ATX so I'm not sure it would fit in the SilverStone GD05. Anyone knows?
And if it's too big I could go with this one ASUS F1A75-M
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2012-08-07, 01:44)ArieS Wrote: Actually, this mobo is not a micro ATX so I'm not sure it would fit in the SilverStone GD05. Anyone knows?

Intel G540 for $40 shipped today
(2012-08-07, 01:44)ArieS Wrote: Actually, this mobo is not a micro ATX so I'm not sure it would fit in the SilverStone GD05. Anyone knows?

The GD05 takes microATX and miniITX motherboards only.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
For the first time ever I decided to buy an open box to save 40 bucks and of course once I had installed the processor and the Big Shuriken on top I realized that the mobo is missing the back plate which goes over the ports in the back of the case! So pissed...
I'll have to try to order that from Asus.
My question is, will I be able to add that later on without removing the mobo?
(2012-08-10, 22:12)ArieS Wrote: For the first time ever I decided to buy an open box to save 40 bucks and of course once I had installed the processor and the Big Shuriken on top I realized that the mobo is missing the back plate which goes over the ports in the back of the case! So pissed...
I'll have to try to order that from Asus.
My question is, will I be able to add that later on without removing the mobo?

Maybe? Not likely though.

I'm not sure how tight of a fit it is in that case, but you may be able to remove a few screws from the mobo and then "swing" it away from the backplate area and install it.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Ok, I plugged everything, turned it on and nothing! Black screen, no beeps...
I even tried with a MSI mobo since the Asus was an open box I thought maybe it was damaged.
I tried with both mobo over HDMI on my plasma and even over VGA on a computer screen and I get nothing.

Anybody has an idea of what's going on?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet another HTPC thread ...0