Backgrounds
Hi

I have just switched to this skin from Rapier and i'm hugely impressed.

In Rapier you could set a global background, basically this meant you could set a background in the home screen but when you went into 'music' for example, the background was whatever the global background was and not the background shown in the home screen.

As i play my music in files mode I like a black background which is what i set the global background too.

Is there anyway i can do this using this skin?
(2012-08-05, 11:42)gerryyoung1977 Wrote: Hi

In Rapier you could set a global background, basically this meant you could set a background in the home screen but when you went into 'music' for example, the background was whatever the global background was and not the background shown in the home screen.

As i play my music in files mode I like a black background which is what i set the global background too.

exchanging images in skin.aeon.nox/backgrounds/music will probably do the trick. bn and me do not really care about files mode though, so it´s likely that it will have some other bugs/glitches, too.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks Phil, i'll try and post back later with my findings

I'd imagine a lot of people do use files mode and this feature may be helpful for others as well.

On that note, if i move to a library set-up, can i have a default (black) background when browsing thru my music library?
(2012-08-05, 16:01)gerryyoung1977 Wrote: Thanks Phil, i'll try and post back later with my findings

I'd imagine a lot of people do use files mode and this feature may be helpful for others as well.

On that note, if i move to a library set-up, can i have a default (black) background when browsing thru my music library?

it takes the image / folder from main menu item "music"
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)

I'm certain it's just a matter of preference, but I'm curious as to why you play your music in file mode?
(2012-08-05, 16:09)fional Wrote:

I'm certain it's just a matter of preference, but I'm curious as to why you play your music in file mode?

it´s not a matter of preference, it´s a matter of being too lazy to properly tag the music files Wink
Smile I was wondering if that was it - if so might I suggest a couple hours with musicbrainz- it'll make everything much more enjoyable and then you can make use of some class XBMC and Nox features.
(2012-08-05, 21:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 16:09)fional Wrote:

it´s not a matter of preference, it´s a matter of being too lazy to properly tag the music files Wink

I'm almost done with musicbrainz, having been using it extensively for the last few weeks, reason i kept with files mode was due to the number of compilations i have had. I'll use the library now and see what happens however my preference would still to have a black background, is this possible when using library?
(2012-08-06, 10:02)gerryyoung1977 Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 21:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 16:09)fional Wrote: I'm certain it's just a matter of preference, but I'm curious as to why you play your music in file mode?

I'm almost done with musicbrainz, having been using it extensively for the last few weeks, reason i kept with files mode was due to the number of compilations i have had. I'll use the library now and see what happens however my preference would still to have a black background, is this possible when using library?

I have over 600 compilattions and use nox daily without issue - you will find that a little time and effort is well worth it for a truly great visual experience
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Ok ive changed to library and there are a lot of new features which are terrific.

One thing that doesnt work is the fan-art when playing music, there are 3 setting, fan art, extra fan art and none, all do the same, do i have to install anything to get these to work?

Thanks for all your help guys
(2012-08-06, 18:02)gerryyoung1977 Wrote: Ok ive changed to library and there are a lot of new features which are terrific.

One thing that doesnt work is the fan-art when playing music, there are 3 setting, fan art, extra fan art and none, all do the same, do i have to install anything to get these to work?

Thanks for all your help guys

you mean for visualisation or for home menu?
for extrafanart you need cdart manager add-on. it should download them if available.
I have visualisation off so it must be for the home menu, im assuming,

To be honest when i goto the sidebar menu option it gives me the option to select fan-art and then what type, as its never did anything different no matter what i have it set to, i wasn't sure where it would make a difference.
(2012-08-06, 18:09)gerryyoung1977 Wrote: I have visualisation off so it must be for the home menu, im assuming,

To be honest when i goto the sidebar menu option it gives me the option to select fan-art and then what type, as its never did anything different no matter what i have it set to, i wasn't sure where it would make a difference.

home menu = the menu you see on startup
vis = the screen you see when pressing tab
both of them do not have any sidebar so i have no idea what you´re talkin about.
(2012-08-05, 22:18)fional Wrote: Smile I was wondering if that was it - if so might I suggest a couple hours with musicbrainz- it'll make everything much more enjoyable and then you can make use of some class XBMC and Nox features.

THANK YOU! I was in the same boat, I had a quick trial with Picard and its by far the easiest tool I've seen yet.
(2012-08-06, 18:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 18:09)gerryyoung1977 Wrote: I have visualisation off so it must be for the home menu, im assuming,

home menu = the menu you see on startup
vis = the screen you see when pressing tab
both of them do not have any sidebar so i have no idea what you´re talkin about.

I was meaning backdrop fanart - where is this fan-art displayed as mine does not appear to do anything

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backgrounds0