ZOTAC ZBOX ID80 or ID83 for 1080p
hallo!

My macmini 2007 has problems with 1080p sometimes

what would you prefer?

i have my movies on a Qnap NAS most mov 1080p

can i use the remote to standby the zotac like the Mac mini?

thanks
tom
On Linux ID80 plays 1080p@60 without problems. ID83, typo?
I don't find any infos on ID83.

ID80 should work well, though.

I use a wireless mini keyboard as remote, it's even smaller than many tv remotes and mostly you just need the arrow keys and return.

Just make sure you have NVidia graphics, all others may cause more headaches with the video acceleration.
Is neither an option?
i think he means id82. and i have no problems with my intel hd2000 but i disabled dxva2 and dxva. a 1080p 30gb movie with dts-hd uses 15% corepower so i dont get much heat. and the remote is a mce remote which can wake from s3. or you take a zotac id70plus Wink
(2012-08-05, 19:05)Zelos Wrote: Just make sure you have NVidia graphics, all others may cause more headaches with the video acceleration.

What? Care to explain? That's just not true at all. You don't have to use just nvidia.

(2012-08-05, 19:05)Zelos Wrote: Just make sure you have NVidia graphics, all others may cause more headaches with the video acceleration.
I'm questioning this too....Huh

I uses all three GPU's (AMD, Nvidia and Intel).....no headache here!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-08-05, 20:06)assassin Wrote: What? Care to explain? That's just not true at all. You don't have to use just nvidia.

Why shouldn't it be true?
ATI drivers have a lot more problems than NVidia, in the past I spend hours compiling and linking kernels just to make certain ATI cards work. Some of them (e.g. HD47xx) series also had electrical problems. Also, Intel had issues with video acceleration, which may cause playback issues with some videos.

And of course you don't have to use NVidia, it's just best practice after years of experience dealing with GPUs and drivers.
(2012-08-05, 20:52)Zelos Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 20:06)assassin Wrote: What? Care to explain? That's just not true at all. You don't have to use just nvidia.

Why shouldn't it be true?
ATI drivers have a lot more problems than NVidia, in the past I spend hours compiling and linking kernels just to make certain ATI cards work. Some of them (e.g. HD47xx) series also had electrical problems. Also, Intel had issues with video acceleration, which may cause playback issues with some videos.

And of course you don't have to use NVidia, it's just best practice after years of experience dealing with GPUs and drivers.

You quoted video acceleration, not overall use.

For ATI I agree that their drivers are very buggy for HTPC use. I have been saying this for years and now even the review sites like Anandtech have started mentioning this in their reviews. Despite this there are some that use them without any issues at all. So its either an absolute headache or a non-issue.

For Intel you don't need to use DXVA at all so just turn it off. Then its a non-issue. Even the Celeron and Pentium Sandy/Ivy series has plenty CPU power to disable DXVA and still have fluid playback.

I continue to say try the iGPU and if for any reason you aren't happy then add something like the NVidia 430 or ATI 6570. There is very little downside to this approach and most people are extremely satisfied with the iGPU. I use one everyday on multiple machines.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZOTAC ZBOX ID80 or ID83 for 1080p0