Mtv get lost
hi,
i just made the startupvideodir plugin who's purpose is to start up videos from a folder on your xbox every time you boot up. thereby eliminating the need for mtv and all that other nonsence. it can be found here:
http://www.xbmcscripts.com/index.p....ideodir

now here is my question. i'm trying to make it not go full screen on boot. cause the videos load, and everything is good. except i still want to see the xbmc in the interface and videos play in the background instead of going full screen every time. how can i do that?

antibiotek.
this is python related right?

ok, so im moving it to right forum
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.activatewindow(0)')
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
thanks,
that works but only for the fist video, when the next video turns on.. it goes full screen again.

antibiotek
(antibiotek @ july 26 2005,21:55 Wrote:hi,
i just made the startupvideodir plugin who's purpose is to start up videos from a folder on your xbox every time you boot up. thereby eliminating the need for mtv and all that other nonsence. it can be found here:

now here is my question. i'm trying to make it not go full screen on boot. cause the videos load, and everything is good. except i still want to see the xbmc in the interface and videos play in the background instead of going full screen every time. how can i do that?

antibiotek.
your a bad ass cause my girl and i have been talking about this for months now. at least i want what u did get to work.
here's my settings: where did i go wrong? could u post ur details so i can compare? thanx in advance.

''' vim: ts=8 sw=4 noexpandtab
by: antibiotek ver: 0.1
original script by rune hammersland ver: 0.3

this script is for those of you who love to turn on your xbox and watch music
vidoes in the morning. it will take a playlist or a music video directory,
randomize all the videos, and play them. be sure to modify your autoexec.py
to start it up!

'''

import xbmc
import os

# ---------------------------------------- #
# "configuration"

# change this to your playlist(s).
# written like this: ['path\\to\\plist1', 'to\\plist2', 'plist\\3']
playlist_files= ['e:\\media\\music\\playlist.m3u', 'f:\\all.m3u']
# dirs(s) to traverse if playlist does not exist. nb: no trailing slash.
# written like this: ['path\\to\\dir1', 'to\\dir2', 'dir\\3']
musicvideos_dirs = ['q:\\scripts\\', 'f:\\media\\musicvideos']
# shuffle playlist if this var equals 1.
shuffle_files = 1

# code

# function for adding files to playlist
def add_files(pl, dirname, names):
for filename in names:
if (os.path.isfile(dirname + "\\" + filename)):
add = 0

# check extension of file.
if (filename[-4:] == ".avi"): add = 1
if (filename[-4:] == ".mpg"): add = 1
if (filename[-4:] == ".wmv"): add = 1
if (filename[-4:] == ".asf"): add = 1
if (filename[-4:] == ".m2v"): add = 1

# if file is to be added, do it.
if (add == 1): pl.add(dirname + "\\" + filename)
elif (os.path.isdir(dirname + "\\" + filename)):
os.path.walk(dirname + "\\" + filename, add_files, pl)

# get music playlist from xbmc
plist = xbmc.playlist(0)
plist.clear()

# load playlist if it exists
for playlist_file in playlist_files:
if (os.path.isfile(playlist_file)):
plist.load(playlist_file)
# else, find all available music videos
else:
for musicvideos_dir in musicvideos_dirs:
os.path.walk(musicvideos_dir, add_files, plist)

# do the shuffle!
if (shuffle_files == 1): plist.shuffle()

xbmc.player().play(plist)
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.activatewindow(0)')

and in my autoexec.py where:

# auto execute scripts when xbmc starts, place this file in xbmchome\scripts\
#
# note: - do not execute more than one script at a time which asks for user input!

# import xbmc

xbmc.executescript('q:\\scripts\\startup_video.py')
(antibiotek @ july 26 2005,21:55 Wrote:hi,

antibiotek.
more on the topic. i love when playing a video in the background also as opposed the entire screen.
what was the difference between yours and rune hammersland ver: 0.3

also if you get a chance go here at xbox-scence where someone combined videos or music at startup.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p....2820112

btw. all i could get to work was by editing:

musicvideos_dirs = ['q:\\scripts\\', 'f:\\media\\musicvideos']

it does boot to some animae video for several seconds then it loads the "loading next video" and it repeats this over and over until i stop it.

originally i thought it would have to be like:
musicvideos_dirs = ['q:\\scripts\\launchbrowser.py\\favourites.xml',

but that does nothing.
thanx way in advance for i have been wishing for this script b4 it was written cause untill now i've been successful with auto loading my music filesSmile
i think you need to specify a directory with all your music videos like f:\media\musicvideos
bozo8787,

bold is to mark certain words, not for entire posts. please refrain from using it on entire posts. tia
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(pike @ aug. 03 2005,06:48 Wrote:bozo8787,

bold is to mark certain words, not for entire posts. please refrain from using it on entire posts. tia
my bad, i been posting in all bold for over 5 years now in many forums, and i've never had anyone actually tell i to stop writing in bold. i always agreed with peeps flaming others with all caps was used completely. so this is new to me, well i actually had someone over in the tivo forums tell me it strainded their eyes so when i go there i kinda withhold my trademark. i c u have almost 2000 posts so this is pretty much your domain :bowdown: thus i will adhere to your request and in this forum i will change my style. i love the xbox scence and enemies is the last thing i want over a habit i picked up 1/2 a decade ago. thruth be told i can't stand plain old non-bold, to me it looks vanilla and i just wanted to add some color and seperate myself without yelling. btw, i thought i knew the net etiquete until now, i stand corrected.
(antibiotek @ aug. 03 2005,05:34 Wrote:i think you need to specify a directory with all your music videos like f:\media\musicvideos
well i actually don't have any music videos. all i have is a favorites list from "launchbrowser"
cause as of now i have over 300 on a favorites list on launch browser and when i select the list it randomly streams them over for hours. so i can c this is for actual video files on your hdd. i got confused with the playlist thing. cause i technically have a playlist but from streamed vids only.
thanx for the response though.

ps i'm trying to be good Confusedaint: but this is gonna be hard to leave my :evil:boldness at the door when i enter this forum, i'm already getting withdrawl symptoms plus i'm feeling so plain but guess i'll just get used to it, lol
first, let me say i've been looking for something like this for a very long time. i don't want it for quite the same purpose, but very close. i've got tonnes of tv episodes stored on a server, and i want to be able to play then in a random order. sort of like syndicated tv. you can get rid of mtv, & i'll get rid if tbs!

so, i want to edit your scirpt so that musicvideos_dirs points to where i have a particular show storied. then, when i run the script it should queue up all of the episode, but in a random order.

so far, so good. but, i've not replaced the hd in my xbox so all of my media is on a server. i can't figure out syntax that the script needs to be able to find the files on my server.

antibiotek, can you help?

thanks a tonne. hope you get back to me on this.

richard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mtv get lost0