Update Library
Hi all,

Thank you in advance for your help. I have had xbmc running on two different ATV 2 units for some time now. I have a large video collection with movies and tv shows. Recently I realized that the movies were not playing and I could not update the library. I have an external hard drive connected to my router and I discovered that the ip address was changed for some reason. I made this change in xbmc in the "file manager" screen and I can play video through there. However, in my library the movies still link to the old location and it gives me an error saying that the file cannot be found. I also cannot update the library. Any ideas? I'm guessing that I have to erase all the content from my library and re-add the source or something to that extent.

Thanks!
Hi most routers have a setting to always give the same DHCP adress to a client (reserve ip or something), take a look at your router config.
Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
The file paths are stored in the video database for library items. There are a few ways to update the IP there. It's odd that your router changed IP addresses.

You'll want to export the library by going to Settings/Videos/Library (wiki)/Export library, and select single file.

Use something like Cyberduck (wiki) to connect to the ATV2 to get access to the folder that it outputs.

Inside that folder is an XML file, which you can open in a text editor and then use the find/replace tools to find all instances of the old IP and replace them with the new IP. Save and close.

Transfer this file back to the ATV2 so that you can import it. Probably placing it in the same place the files got exported.

Settings/Videos/Library (wiki)/Import library

After that's done, select "clean library" to get rid of the duplicate entries.
Thanks guys for the quick replies. Exporting and importing the library sounds like it will do the trick. I will try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library0