Linux Question Channel initalization stutter
2 HTPC's one has a Nvidia GT430 and the other is a Nvidia ION (version 1)

When tuning in a channel the GT430 starts playing the channel fine.

On the ION it starts the channel then the screen goes blank for a 1 - 2 seconds audio drops out then it continues playing the channel fine.

Both are running the same driver version 295.59, The other differences are the GT is a full desktop install where the ION is a minimal server install with no GDM.

ION is connected via HTDI and the GT is connected to a monitor via DVI..

I wonder if its an HDMI thing?

Edit
Log of selecting a channel
xbmc.log
I found that turning off "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" stops the stutter which will be the TV channging refesh rates.

Adjust display refresh rate to match video
Activate to automatically set the refresh rate which is best matched with the video that is playing (default off). This potentially allows for perfectly smooth video reproduction, as video material can be recorded in a variety of frame rates (23.976fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30 fps, etc.) which need to be properly matched by the refresh rate of the display, in order to be displayed smoothly.
(2012-08-08, 07:51)redstorm Wrote: I found that turning off "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" stops the stutter which will be the TV channging refesh rates.

Adjust display refresh rate to match video
Activate to automatically set the refresh rate which is best matched with the video that is playing (default off). This potentially allows for perfectly smooth video reproduction, as video material can be recorded in a variety of frame rates (23.976fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30 fps, etc.) which need to be properly matched by the refresh rate of the display, in order to be displayed smoothly.

Thanks for the tip! I always thought this was default XBMC behaviour and just accepted it. It's so much better after disabling this setting! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question Channel initalization stutter0