Win Airplay not working from Mac
Hello,
I installed XBMC 11 on my Win7 Pc with a brand new setup, just installed the Bonjour service to get airplay to work. Now I wanted to test whether it really works. Sending content from my iPhone 4 is absolutely no problem, but my MBP Early ´11 with Mountain Lion does not even find my Win7 PC with XBMC installed. iTunes shows the Airplay symbol, but I can just chose the MBP itself. Quicktime doesn´t even give me the chance to chose any airplay device (there is no airplay button).
Anyone can help to fix this issue?
Thank you and kind regards,
OlDirty
quicktime will never show you an airplay icon - it doesn't support it. Itunes only allows for streaming music. Music streaming via airplay was added for xbmc on windows after eden was released. You have to use a nightly build of pre-frodo or a frodo alpha for getting airtunes (this is how music streamin via airplay is called) on windows.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I was asking because I saw several videos on the net, where people using a raspberry pi connected to a TV stream their movies from a MBP, iPad or iPhone. So the raspberry pi of those people is running a linux version of xbmc? Meaning I will also need Linux to be able to stream my movies?!
Not to forget...streaming youtube videos from my iPhone to the Windows PC works flawlessly.
Maybe you should start again and make yourself clear please. What are you trying to stream? Movies from iTunes to XBMC? Only non DRM'ed movies will work that way (DRM is the copy protection of itunes).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Okay...
I heard that it´s no problem to stream movies in general from any Apple Hardware (Mac, iPhone, iPad) to a PC with XBMC 11 installed, like it would work with an Apple TV.
I tried to open an avi file with VLC and with Quicktime, but both didn´t work (I didn´t get an option to Airplay them). The only way to Airplay something with my XBMC PC was to start a youtube video on my iPhone.
More clear now?
I believe AirPlay only supports mp4, m4v, and mov containers for video. The codecs used also probably has to be something standard on Apple, like h.264.
Hmm this could be the reason, I will test it.
Okay, movies imported to iTunes works great! Smile
Really looking forward to get mirroring support
i'm not crazy. Based on the "airplay doesn't work" threads (were nearly all of them are setup or usage errors) - at least i will not work on any of that crap Smile
Okay. I´m converting my whole media to be iTunes-compatible all day long now Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay not working from Mac0