[Request] Handbrake encoding of disc from xbmc
With AnyDVD standard or HD there is a great opportunity to be able to never have to leave xbmc. What I am imagining is a script that can be used to start a handbrake project after specifying the basic options. I was imagining it would probably use the cli interface of handbrake.
  • What I see is that you could set up some presets (either in hb or by copy and pasting the cli lines) and the sctipt would ask you which to use. This would be useful in particular for DVD or Blu-ray choice. It could also be used for animated and real life films ect.
  • It would then ask which of you video sources you would like to add it to. This would allow you to choose the destination folder. You could also do a source folder easily.
  • It would also ask you the movie name to simplify the scrapping.

This way you could start the ripping of a Blu-ray or DVD from XBMC and get the movie or anime into the right folder with the right name for scrapping ready for the next library scan. It could just be a series of popups. I know some programming but not enough python or script to really do this. I would be willing to help some I just don't think I can pull it off by myself.

Note: If this needs to be moved to a different forum I am sorry.
If this could be automated in tandem with some of the other BR menu work...IE how to find main feature...it might work.

Otherwise in a ripped BR you typically need to find the largest m2ts file for the feature film - or playlist in case of director's cut, etc containing multiple versions - and then HB can do its work...that would likely be one of the main hangups as far as I can see.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Well on DVDs at least handbrake recognizes the longest title for ripping automatically. I haven't yet ripped a bluray with it but I imagine it would do the same.

All the script would really need to do is ask what encoding profile (or pre-entered cli for handbrake) you want to use and then the output filename.
Have you looked at this?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105168

It's someway what you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Handbrake encoding of disc from xbmc1