• 1(current)
Making NFL Game Pass work?
With my new HTPC running XBMC and a bevy of add ons I am in media heaven. The only thing this box misses is live sporting events. Even the live streams I do have access to are limited because of poor video quality and links going dead constantly.

I have decided to subscribe to NFL Game Pass this season so I can watch all of my favorite team's games, but I was wondering if it was possible to watch these streams in XBMC? I don't see an add on for NFL Game Pass (in fact I see that Apple TV supports NHL MLB and NBA, but not NFL), but I thought maybe there is a way.

I will be watching all the games through a proxy since Game Pass is not available in the US (possibly why Apple TV doesn't offer it).
And no, I don't have an AppleTV. Just using it as an example here.
(2012-08-06, 15:37)dkplayaclub Wrote: With my new HTPC running XBMC and a bevy of add ons I am in media heaven. The only thing this box misses is live sporting events. Even the live streams I do have access to are limited because of poor video quality and links going dead constantly.

I have decided to subscribe to NFL Game Pass this season so I can watch all of my favorite team's games, but I was wondering if it was possible to watch these streams in XBMC? I don't see an add on for NFL Game Pass (in fact I see that Apple TV supports NHL MLB and NBA, but not NFL), but I thought maybe there is a way.

I will be watching all the games through a proxy since Game Pass is not available in the US (possibly why Apple TV doesn't offer it).
And no, I don't have an AppleTV. Just using it as an example here.

I am actually thinking the same thing, I think the easiest way would be to launch browser with Advanced Launcher script but I dont know how to write one this complicated.

We would have to:

1. Start Proxy Server.
2. Kill XBMC
3. Start Web Browser with Gamepass page set to start page.
4. Stop Proxy Server once desired game is tuned in (I shut mine off after stream starts so the VPN doesnt slow me down, still works fine).
5. Restart XBMC at shutdown of Gamepass.

I would do it if I could figure it all out....

Problems are keyboard shortcuts for Gamepass, right now you can pause, rew, ff, fullscreen but not much beyond that, can address alot with Eventghost (I have my MCE remote controlling now, but havent gotten as far as changing "channels" yet)....

OR does anyone know if the android tablet app would run in a windows android emulator that could be easier to start??
Well, seems you are a bit more advanced than I am, but great to see some interest in this. Keep this thread alive in the hopes somebody with the know-how and the interest sees it. Imagine if the XBMC community beat Apple to implementing this. Can someone say WIN.... ??
You should take a look at AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/).

It's a small Windows scripting language. You can create a programme (exe) that will do what you want and then launch that programme from XBMC.

I created a small script to automatically log me in to Gamepass (because my browser won't remember my password) - see here: http://files.mz.allmail.net/Gamepass%20L...Script.au3.

You can open it in Notepad or the AutoIt editor to see what it does. The language is surprisingly easy to get to grips with and the AutoIt website and forum are very good. See here for the AutoIt reference guide: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/

My script launches Internet Explorer straight to the Gamepass login page, logs in and then maximises the screen. Looking at the steps you listed, you could easily add, for example:

ProcessClose("xbmc.exe") ; close XBMC
Run("[path/to/proxy.exe]") ; start proxy

and:

ProcessClose("proxy.exe]") ; stop proxy
WinWaitClose("Watch NFL Games", "http://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/console.jsp"); wait until the NFL Gamepass console window is closed
Run("[path/to/proxy.exe]") ; restart XBMC

It would take some playing around with but that's half the fun!
As an aside, my Logitech Harmony does a good job of controlling the mouse pointer (for the purposes of selecting games, etc).
divingmule and I are working on a Game Pass plugin. It's very early in development and has bugs, but it works.

We'd love to have some help for those interested in pitching in.

https://github.com/Alexqw/xbmc-gamepass

---Alex
(2013-08-25, 21:20)Alexqw Wrote: divingmule and I are working on a Game Pass plugin. It's very early in development and has bugs, but it works.

---Alex

I seem to be having major trouble getting games to load using your script. I get all the way to the game screen and then it just won't play. A little help please? log output below:

Code:
23:02:28 T:2996  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
23:02:28 T:2996  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:02:28 T:2996   ERROR: C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbmc-gamepass-script-skin\default.py:15: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
                                              import md5
23:02:28 T:2996  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] 'get' : 'seasons'
23:02:28 T:2996  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : ''
23:02:28 T:2996  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : 'Done: ('127.0.0.1', 59994)'
23:02:29 T:2996  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] 'get' : 'weeks'
23:02:29 T:2996  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : ''
23:02:29 T:2996  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : 'Done: ('127.0.0.1', 59994)'
23:02:29 T:2996  NOTICE: We have seasons ---------------------
23:02:29 T:2996   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: (4,)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbmc-gamepass-script-skin\default.py", line 319, in onInit
                                                self.week = self.weeks[week_index]['week_id']
                                            KeyError: (4,)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:02:34 T:5812   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbmc-gamepass-script-skin
23:02:43 T:1496  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
23:02:51 T:5812   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\xbmc-gamepass-0.1.3.zip\icon.png
23:02:51 T:5072  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
23:02:59 T:4944  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
23:02:59 T:4944  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
23:02:59 T:4944  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:02:59 T:4944   ERROR: C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbmc-gamepass-0.1.3\default.py:15: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
                                              import md5
23:03:00 T:4944  NOTICE: [addon.nfl.gamepass-0.1.3]: params: {}
23:03:00 T:4944  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] 'get' : 'seasons'
23:03:00 T:4944  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : ''
23:03:00 T:4944  NOTICE: [StorageClient-2.5.2] '_sock_init' : 'Done: ('127.0.0.1', 59994)'

Thanks a ton!
(2013-08-25, 21:20)Alexqw Wrote: divingmule and I are working on a Game Pass plugin. It's very early in development and has bugs, but it works.

---Alex

Dear god I just tried your plugin on my raspberry pi running raspbmc and it works fantastic!

I can now watch the Colts live on on my TV in New Zealand.

Thanks so much for making this plugin.
Greetings fellow Kiwi.

Colts has got to be better than the f******* yachting!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just updated to a nightly Gotham. Now watching NFL Network live on my TV. God this is fantastic!!!!!!

Hey Nickr! 3000+ posts ..... you must come here often ;-)

Shoulda put Andrew Luck in for Dean Barker LOL
Can't wait to try this.
I tried this addon yesterday in my already built Frodo box and it's amazing. Runs way much better than the browser version. I can't wait to build a Gotham box to be able to watch live games.

Outstanding work from Alexqw and co.
I tried the NFL Game Pass addon but I'm getting

Remote share
Could not connect to network server

Any suggestions?

----------------------------
Never mind got it working.
I just downloaded the zip created by Alexqw and divingmule. I have the addon but get the

"Remote share
Could not connect to network server"

I have a MINIX NEO x7 mini with its version of XBMC (a Frodo version) and I live in the US.

Does anyone have a good solution? I've tried VPNs but no luck yet. Any ideas?

Thanks...
Just tried this last night and it is so far working well. Thanks very much for your work.

I have had a few issues with streaming archived NFL network files, sometimes they would buffer all the time, then others would play fine. I am certain my connection is fast enough so not sure what would be causing it.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?

Also it would be great if we could switch between full and condensed games without going into the config everytime. Would this be possible?

Thanks
Hey dgsgc,

The buffering issues are uncommon, but known. We're not positive if it's XBMC's buffering, ISPs throttling, or GamePass having capacity issues. We imagine it's a collection of all three. ;-)

Please see my response in this ticket for instructions on how to adjust XBMC's cache. https://github.com/Alexqw/xbmc-gamepass/issues/51

As for switching between full and condensed games, just set your settings to "ask" then it'll ask you every time.

I don't read the XBMC forums much at all, so if you (or anyone else) runs into any bugs, GitHub is the best place to report them.

---Alex
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making NFL Game Pass work?0