Budget Build (<$250) for 1080P + SabNZBD + Sickbeard + CouchPotato
Hey...just trying to get a budget build together for consolidation of my Boxee + Ubuntu server setup and wanted some feedback on these parts:

Intel Pentium G620 Sandy Bridge (Refurbished)- $34.99
ASRock H61M/U3S3 MicroATX Motherboard (Open Box) - $48.99
MSI N430GT-MD1G/LP GeForce GT 430 Ready Low Profile Video Card - $26.99
PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 400W Modular 80+ Bronze Power Supply - $49.99
Silverstone ML03B HTPC Case - $49

Total cost is $209.96

Price and parts seem pretty decent, but I would love some advice on whether this under powered for my needs?
It's $60+ to jump up to an i3 CPU and I am not sure if that's worth it?

I would also prefer a decent low profile...Is the shuriken still a good option?
I will be replacing all of the fans with some "silent" varieties to ensure I cant hear it from the couch Big Grin

I already have ram and ssd/hdd so that makes things a little easier on the budget Smile
(2012-08-06, 20:22)zer0zer0 Wrote: Hey...just trying to get a budget build together for consolidation of my Boxee + Ubuntu server setup and wanted some feedback on these parts:

PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 400W Modular 80+ Bronze Power Supply - $49.99

Total cost is $209.96

Price and parts seem pretty decent, but I would love some advice on whether this under powered for my needs?
Or whether upgrading anything would make it more future proof?

I would also prefer a decent low profile cooler these days? Is the shuriken still a good option?
I will be replacing all fans with some "silent" varieties to ensure I cant hear it from the couch Big Grin

I already have ram and ssd/hdd so that makes things a little easier on the budget Smile

Wow! $200,..nice work
The Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100) is rock solid and has a good reputation on this board.
I run it without any additional case fans.
(2012-08-06, 20:22)zer0zer0 Wrote: Hey...just trying to get a budget build together for consolidation of my Boxee + Ubuntu server setup and wanted some feedback on these parts:

Total cost is $209.96

I will be replacing all of the fans with some "silent" varieties to ensure I cant hear it from the couch Big Grin

where are you getting the g620 at
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2012-08-07, 04:00)lagledavid Wrote:

Total cost is $209.96

where are you getting the g620 at

Newegg likes to hide these...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819116754
So I'm guessing if assassin doesn't have anything bad to say then its a solid build?

Smile
Let's hope so, I'm going to move on this!

Besides Newegg for CPU (out of stock Sad) Where are you getting all these prices??
(2012-08-07, 20:58)onizuka Wrote: Let's hope so, I'm going to move on this!

Besides Newegg for CPU (out of stock Sad) Where are you getting all these prices??

Haha...maybe a few people bought it from here after reading this post Smile
All of the prices are from newegg

I would just setup an auto-notifier of your own to check the newegg page and email you when its back. Their built-in notifier is a bit slow

Something like this would work for Linux if you modified it

Or this for windows
(2012-08-07, 17:25)zer0zer0 Wrote: So I'm guessing if assassin doesn't have anything bad to say then its a solid build?

Smile

I usually don't have bad things to say. Just like to play devil's advocate and make sure that you hear an alternative opinion. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget Build (<$250) for 1080P + SabNZBD + Sickbeard + CouchPotato0