No tracks in XBMC Remote
Hi
I am running xbmc on a Raspberry pi and using the remote for android.
All works but I do not see any tracks. I see artist and albums but tracks are empty. I understand that database changes were made in latests build and I am now using the
android-xbmcremote-release-0.9.2.apk for my android device. Before I only had Artists but this version gave me albums as well.

Problem is I do not know if the fault lies in raspberry build or the xbmc remote -Sad
All works directly from the xbmc of course. It's just from the xbmc android app I do not see tracks

I am running version
12.0-Alpha5 of xbmc if that helps?

Also, I noticed that when for example browsing a Radio addon it timesout very very quickly. I would strongly suggest increasing the timeout value for a few seconds. On the real screen I can see that a popup comes up for 2 sec but the xbmc remote app timesout before it closes!
This happens alot and happens when opening streams aswell. Should I open a seperate thread for this?

Any help is appriciated.

Regards

Lasse
My build of the remote only supports up to Alpha4 for now until i update my pi to Alpha 5 Smile Are you using OpenELEC on the pi or another? If OpenELEC has updated the xbmc version then i'll update when i'm home from work and take a look
(2012-08-07, 11:52)Tom. Wrote: My build of the remote only supports up to Alpha4 for now until i update my pi to Alpha 5 Smile Are you using OpenELEC on the pi or another? If OpenELEC has updated the xbmc version then i'll update when i'm home from work and take a look

U running pi aswell....Great :-)

I do not know if I use openelec! I just installed rc4 of raspbmc :-)

Lasse
Hey tom
Did u update your Pi yet?
Would be awesome if u fixed so we can see tracks aswell -Smile
AND increase the timeout so it allows for a few more seconds for the xbmc server to react.

Thanks in advance

//Lasse
Hey, i have updated but all the music stuff is still working for me. My pi is a Alpha5, git efef226 and i even built the latest source of xbmc on my server and it still worked there too so not sure why it's not working for you. If you have the android-sdk installed, can you post an adb logcat, there may be something in there to indicate why it isn't working.
Wierd. I reinstalled raspbmc today and same issue. More people over at raspbmc have reported the same. I will try and fix a log tomorrow.
I don't own a Rasberry but you may want to try Yatse and see if it works Smile
(2012-08-10, 11:12)Tolriq Wrote: I don't own a Rasberry but you may want to try Yatse and see if it works Smile

With Yatse I don't see albums either. Tried that already. With the other one I see artist and album after Tom rebuild and made it compatible with V12 alpha 5
Is there a new build of xbmc-remote that does work with Alpha 5? I too enountered this problem!

Maybe the one from Tom's post over int he TV Show thread? 0.9.3? I'll try it.

Hrm, dang; phone running 2.2.1, appears this won't work! Yea, about that... I'm a toolbox, uninstall official fork, and then install Tom's fork and it goes on.
0.9.3 see's albums, but not songs, but a step in right direction!

Thanks,

Joe
(2012-08-07, 10:21)shaggys Wrote: Hi
I am running xbmc on a Raspberry pi and using the remote for android.
All works but I do not see any tracks. I see artist and albums but tracks are empty. I understand that database changes were made in latests build and I am now using the
android-xbmcremote-release-0.9.2.apk for my android device. Before I only had Artists but this version gave me albums as well.

Problem is I do not know if the fault lies in raspberry build or the xbmc remote -Sad
All works directly from the xbmc of course. It's just from the xbmc android app I do not see tracks

I am running version
12.0-Alpha5 of xbmc if that helps?

Also, I noticed that when for example browsing a Radio addon it timesout very very quickly. I would strongly suggest increasing the timeout value for a few seconds. On the real screen I can see that a popup comes up for 2 sec but the xbmc remote app timesout before it closes!
This happens alot and happens when opening streams aswell. Should I open a seperate thread for this?

Any help is appriciated.

Regards

Lasse

How do you increase the time out?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No tracks in XBMC Remote0