Shared Libraries and Database Versions
I have many XBMC installations all using a shared MySQL database.

I recently updated my Raspberry Pi to Stm Labs RC4. This meant that I had to update all the other installations to recent nightly releases in order to maintain database version compatibility.

Sadly, this seems to have left my ATV1 out in the cold.

What version of XBMC can I install on my ATV1 that will be compatible with the recent nightlies (Frodo?) that I have on my other machines?

Where is the reference that tells one which database version is used by each release, including nightlies?

That's going to be tricky with an ATV1. You'll have to install a linux-based OS on the ATV1 to use pre-frodo builds, since the ATV1 OS (which is a slim version of Mac OS X 10.4) isn't supported past XBMC v11. I'd go with Crystalbuntu (wiki) and check on the stmlabs.com forums to see if they have instructions for installing a nightly on there. Crystalbuntu is great and makes the ATV1 more responsive, and is what I use on my own ATV1. It's also made by the same guy who does Raspbmc.
I've been running Crystalbuntu on the ATV1 for some time now. Unfortunately, due to some HDMI limitation, no post-11 build is supported.

Apparently, the ATV1 is now garbage if you're using shared libraries and have other platforms. I had to go with RC4 on the Raspberry Pi because earlier releases were horribly unstable. That means that the Pi is permanently incompatible with the ATV1 when it comes to database version.

It would be very nice for us shared library users if the following question was answered somewhere:

Quote:Where is the reference that tells one which database version is used by each release, including nightlies?

This has already been answered and there are enough reasons for this.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-07, 16:42)Martijn Wrote: This has already been answered and there are enough reasons for this.

I don't understand this answer at all.

What has already been answered?

There are enough reasons for what?
As I mentioned in the other thread, Frodo nightlies do work on the ATV1 with Crystalbuntu. They just don't support HD audio output, which is no different from my Macbook Pro that runs nightlies, my Raspberry Pi, my little android TV stick (CX-01), ATV2, etc.

In other words, this is a simple misunderstanding.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared Libraries and Database Versions0