Solved [Frodo] Movies and Series missing from Homescreen
Hello all,

I have just updated my xbmc to Frodo rc1 on my desktop and the movies and series menus from the homescreen have disappeared.
I then looked under settings/skin but i could not find any option to enable it.
What is strange is that i have done the same update in my laptop and had no issues.
How can I re-enable it?
They disappear and do not allow you to enable them when XBMC has not entries for either category in the database. Are you using a mySQL database or the default database?
Its the default database
Are you able to get to your movies and TV shows by going to Videos > Library > Movies and Videos > Library > TV shows?

And you checked System/Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Home Window Options to verify "Hide - Movies" and "Hide - TV shows" are not selected?
I can find Movies under videos, but not series.
Also there is no Home Window options anymore
Look under appearance, skin settings are under the choice of skin. Then look under the home windows options.
(2012-12-13, 21:19)kricker Wrote: Look under appearance, skin settings are under the choice of skin. Then look under the home windows options.

unfortunately that option does not exist on Frodo
Yes it does:

if it exists i cant find it Sad

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...rance#Skin

http://postimage.org/image/whghron8h/

1. System/Settings > Appearance
  2. "Skin" should be the first option on menu options on the left column
  3. Press right-arrow to access the skin options
  4. Press down-arrow until you've highlighed the "Settings" option
  5. Press Enter
  6. Press down-arrow until you get to the "Home window OPTIONS" on the menu options on the left column
  7. Press right-arrow to access the home window options
  8. Locate the section labeled "Hide Home Menu Buttons" and verify the "Hide - Movies" and "Hide - TV shows" are not enabled
damn it...how could i have missed thisHuh
sorry for all the trouble.

thanks
You missed the first image I posted showing the settings button highlited. I admit it isn't super obvious that is a button to enter a submenu.
you're right...

like most things in life, human error is the most likely issue.
So...I'll mark this solved then. Happy XBMCing.
Wait, that was just how to get to the "Home window options" page to check the "Hide" settings.

@Mike69, did you indeed have the "Movies" and "TV shows" options hidden per the settings menu? And was this the reason those menu options were not displayed on the home page?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Frodo] Movies and Series missing from Homescreen0