Skin editor a Notepad++ Plugin
(2012-10-06, 01:00)KJEG Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 23:05)Hitcher Wrote: That would be awesome for XBMC.

Does it not work "out of the box" with XBMC?

It's a great tool as you can drag and drop, copy and paste and move items around in the graphical view to suit your needs.

Regards.

Nope, tried loading an XBMC skin folder and nothing happened. Sad
(2012-10-06, 17:18)Hitcher Wrote: Nope, tried loading an XBMC skin folder and nothing happened. Sad

Hmmm...I tried loading the Rapier skin after changing the directory structure to be the same as the MediaPortal skins, but unfortunately no joy.

I'm pretty sure that the app could be modified to load XBMC skins but it needs someone who is competent with C++ to work on it...unfortunately this isn't my forte.

Maybe tiben20 or another XBMC member could get involved? Also, maybe it needs to be posted on a general forum for more to be aware of the app and, hopefully, pursue it?

Regards.

(2012-10-07, 00:11)KJEG Wrote:
(2012-10-06, 17:18)Hitcher Wrote: Nope, tried loading an XBMC skin folder and nothing happened. Sad

Hmmm...I tried loading the Rapier skin after changing the directory structure to be the same as the MediaPortal skins, but unfortunately no joy.

I'm pretty sure that the app could be modified to load XBMC skins but it needs someone who is competent with C++ to work on it...unfortunately this isn't my forte.

Maybe tiben20 or another XBMC member could get involved? Also, maybe it needs to be posted on a general forum for more to be aware of the app and, hopefully, pursue it?

Regards.
i looked at the print screen of the application and i really don't think this is done in c++. It look a lot like a c# or vb.net application.
Really cool plugin. I think, I going to create my first skin with this using foundation.

I'll try it right now.

Thanks

w2w
Hmm, maybe pulling all the plain text labels to a file for translation and replacing them with a unique $localize.
Might be nice for Transifex http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142736
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-08-13, 23:20)Jules Wrote: upgraded to notepad ++ V6.1.5 Unicode....... Plugin will not load, says that it is not compatible with this version of notepad. Any ideas.... what version is compatible?

(2012-08-13, 23:40)tiben20 Wrote: the one you get on sourceforge not on the website

(2012-08-14, 00:40)Jules Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 23:40)tiben20 Wrote: the one you get on sourceforge not on the website

Much Thanks!

I´ve the same problem, but I don´t understand the answer?? Are there different download locations? I found only the link to sourceforget and this don´t work with my npp version.
Did you download Notepad ++ from this link?
Also, once installed you can update the program to use other plugins that are useful too. See this link.

Once you have installed Notepad ++, go to the program directory and look for the subdirectory "plugins." Drop the skin editor dll into this directory and restart notepad ++. You will see the XBMC plugins in the XBMC section.

(2012-11-20, 21:51)persching Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 23:20)Jules Wrote: upgraded to notepad ++ V6.1.5 Unicode....... Plugin will not load, says that it is not compatible with this version of notepad. Any ideas.... what version is compatible?

(2012-08-14, 00:40)Jules Wrote:

Much Thanks!

I´ve the same problem, but I don´t understand the answer?? Are there different download locations? I found only the link to sourceforget and this don´t work with my npp version.

Hi

I get a strage error using XBT extraction:

"An exception occured. Notepad++ cannot recover and must be shut down.
The exception details are as follows:
Code: 0xC0000005
Type: Access violation
Exception adress: 0x0126E08D"

It goes on to as me if I want to save a "dump file"

Dump file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqucafos7xvuyrn/NppDump.dmp

Then I get ........bla..bla...encountered a problem and needs to close.........

Does sombody know how to fix this? Am I doing something wrong? I go to plugins in Notepad++ and open "Xbmc Tester" and double click on "Extract xbt"

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks Smile

Thomas
A few questions, what windows OS is required for this to run, which version of notepad++, and other than installing notepad++ and then downloading the plugin dll then putting it in the notepad++ plugins folder, are there any other install requirements? Trying to install on a windows XP system.

I have tried notepad++ vers 5.8.7 and 5.9, the last two revisions at sourceforge, and both complain that the xbmc plugin is not compatible with the version of notepad++, then disables/removes it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
The plugin works when notepad++ is installed on a windows 7 system.
Can someone guide me through how to extract xbt-file using this?
(2013-04-09, 19:52)toiva Wrote: Can someone guide me through how to extract xbt-file using this?

Found the function, but it crashes Notepad++, tried the newest version and a much older version of NP++ with the same result Undecided
The answer was in the other thread, the image preview window needs to be open before starting extraction.
Hello,

I am trying to extract a "Textures.tbt" file using this Notepad++ plug in and I have image previewer open and I go to the Extract tbt command and select file and output folder but nothing happens.

Any Ideas?

Notepad++: v6.3
plug-in: XbmcSkinPlugin 003

win 7 Ultimate x64

any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Now it works, for good measure I downloaded from sourceforge notepad++ v5.9 , then opened the textures.xbt, then opened Image Previewer, then went to command Extract xbt and selected output folder and it worked!
I feel stupid but how do you use this?

Edit:

Figured it out..nevermind...question, is there a way to see original directory structure of the images so that I can place them without having to recompile the xbt file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin editor a Notepad++ Plugin6