How can i monitor IR-Remote Keys?
I have a zotac media remote that i wish too map via keyboard.xml. But how can i see what key is assigned too on the pressed button? alot off keys / buttons are self explanatory and work fine, but i wish to change the red,green,blue,yellow,teletext etc to assign to something.
Which OS are you using?
xbmcbuntu (11.0), sorry forgot that
At the command line, you be able to type 'IRW' and the when you press a button, the code will show up on the screen. I'm not sure if you need to edit keyboard.xml or Lircmap.xml & remote.xml for you install(for MCE remote you do.)
after doing that, i get connect: no such file or directory?
Hmm ok.. that probably means your remote is working differently then a MCE remote. I'm not sure what to do next(only have one remote myself)
thanks for your help, from 'dmesg | grep -i usb' it registers as input: PHILIPS MCE USB IR Receiver- Spinel plus...

i reviewed this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133071, but now my remote doesn't work at all after following bennyp's write up (either i missed a step or its not valid with xbmcbunutu)... anyone else wish too share there thoughts or experience?
Can you post the output from

Code:
lsusb
Code:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0471:20cc Philips (or NXP)
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 8086:0189 Intel Corp.
Is Lirc installed?

If "irw" shows "no such file or directory" I think lirc isn´t installed after all. So you have to do this first

If lirc is installed you probably can try

Code:
dpkg-reconfigure lirc

after that you chose the "Phillips"-Section that fits to your device...for "transmitter" you chose "none"

Then restart the system and try "irw" again

Greetings
So it said the package wasnt fully installed... I then apt-get install lirc and in the config to select remote, there is only 1 philips (Philips SRM 7500 RF remote) and i cant see one that would be the right one...
Ok a little progress has been made BUT... irw still shows connect: No such file or directory TILL i start lircd manually after that has start and i do irw, all buttons show fine. but xbmc wont react too any buttons tho?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can i monitor IR-Remote Keys?0