Ogg Import to Library
I am running Eden in Windows 7. I have a number of CDs that were ripped to ogg file format and which XBMC seems to be unable to read the ID3 tags of. The funny thing is that if I play the songs in something like VLC, the tags are read fully and accurately. But in XBMC, the songs cannot be imported to the library. On a side note, the songs play correctly in file browser mode, just without any tag information.

Thank you for any assistance Smile
Ogg files don't have ID3 tags, they have vorbis tags. If they don't have vorbis tags, XBMC won't read them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Okay, I looked with a Vorbis Comment reader and saw that they do exist on my files - its just that XBMC seems to not want to recognize them...
Then you'll need to provide an example file so that others may test.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Okay, here is a link to one of the songs that XBMC won't recognize. Thank you for any information you can provide Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/es6ur5qspiezbw...eeling.ogg
Hi elyk49,

FYI: your ogg-sample plays exactly like mine, including tags... and mine are imported into the library.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
I downloaded it, added it to my Boston Greatest Hits folder and updated library. It did not show up. I then opened the entire folder in MP3TAG and retagged it and then updated library again and it's there and plays fine.
I have MP3TAG, but am not very experienced with it. Would you mind telling me how you went about "retagging" it?
(2012-08-12, 02:28)elyk49 Wrote: I have MP3TAG, but am not very experienced with it. Would you mind telling me how you went about "retagging" it?

Sure. Since I already had the album in it's own folder, I simply added your song to the same folder. Then, I opened that folder only in mp3tag (you can cut and paste the path to the folder right into the Directory field in mp3tag). Then highlight one of the songs and hit ctrl A to select all the songs of that album. Since the original album had been previously tagged by me, all the information was already present. You just have to make sure everything like Album Artist, Artist, year, album, genre, all match. In those fields, you'll see <keep> which keeps each files original tag, <blank> which blanks that field for everything selected and then anything that appears in that field for every file selected. So, for year, for example, you'd scroll down to the year of the album (in this case 1997) and select that. Do that for every field that is the same for all files. Then hit save. I'm really not sure exactly what that does as far as making it appear in XBMC, but I've found that when things are properly tagged, there's about 99.9% chance that it will appear as expected in XBMC.
(2012-08-12, 03:01)clubwerks Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 02:28)elyk49 Wrote: I have MP3TAG, but am not very experienced with it. Would you mind telling me how you went about "retagging" it?

Sure. Since I already had the album in it's own folder, I simply added your song to the same folder. Then, I opened that folder only in mp3tag (you can cut and paste the path to the folder right into the Directory field in mp3tag). Then highlight one of the songs and hit ctrl A to select all the songs of that album. Since the original album had been previously tagged by me, all the information was already present. You just have to make sure everything like Album Artist, Artist, year, album, genre, all match. In those fields, you'll see <keep> which keeps each files original tag, <blank> which blanks that field for everything selected and then anything that appears in that field for every file selected. So, for year, for example, you'd scroll down to the year of the album (in this case 1997) and select that. Do that for every field that is the same for all files. Then hit save. I'm really not sure exactly what that does as far as making it appear in XBMC, but I've found that when things are properly tagged, there's about 99.9% chance that it will appear as expected in XBMC.

I tried to follow a similar process, but still seem to be unsuccessful...could clubwerks maybe post a the same song I uploaded, but sucessfully tagged? Or maybe another ogg song successfully tagged? Or something else that may be useful to me?
Sure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1zema6w49av8z...eeling.ogg
That is extremely odd, because my XBMC does not recognize the tags even on that specific song you uploaded...it must be something with my install of XBMC...
My songs have been tagged exactly the same way for the last 5 or so years. I'm running the same exact setup as you, Eden with W7 x64. Your song definitely did not scan into my library until I updated the tags. This is your file:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ogg Import to Library0