Linux "include" for guisettings.xml
Hi,

In my home I have 5 xbmc "frontend" machines set up with a mysql db located on a server with my media. I have used the symlink method to syncronise most of the items in my userdata folder.

I would like to have all the xbmc installations be as similar to each other as possible without having to configure and maintain all of them individually. To achieve this I'd like to symlink the guisettings.xml file across all machines. The problem is that a few parts of the file really are machine specific. Resolutions, audio settings, video settings etc. I'd like to be able to "include" the machine specific stuff from local files into my main guisettings.xml.

It seems that in xml world there are a few methods for referencing external files. Is there any method that will allow xbmc to do something like this for my guisettings.xml?

I hope this makes sense?

Cheers
Phil
I strongly advice you to not do that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok, what reasons?
(2012-08-08, 07:02)Martijn Wrote: I strongly advice you to not do that

I know that we shouldnt sync guisettings.xml because of the hardware specific settings but the question is a partial sync of the xml file (keeping the hardware part local and syncing the rest)

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"include" for guisettings.xml0