How to remove glare/glass-like thing from thumbnails/movie posters etc
hey! first time using XBMC and im loooooving this skin. By far my favorite, so props on the work!

my question is wether you can remove that sort of glossy thing that thumbnails and posters have at the top of them. Easily visible in these screenshots for example:

Quote:Image

sorry if it's a stupid question, and thanks in advance!
It will totally be doable. However, I don't think there's an option in the menus to do so. It will probably require a bit of getting your hands dirty in a config file somewhere. In all honesty it will probably only require removing 1 or 2 lines of code. Hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction.
You could load the skin from github to get the images unpacked. Then search for the image you want to remove. Once you have the file name, search all the skin's xml files for this file name and remove (or probably comment out) the corresponding image control sets.
Hello,

I'm not a programer and I kinda suck when it comes to coding (tried many times with a few different languages... I guess I'm just not made for this).

I'm very interested if you found a way of doing that ! Maybe you can give us a tutorial or even a xml file to replace the one that contains this info. I would really appreciate.

Actually, the best thing would be if I could remove ALL effects applied to the poster (glare, round corners, edge, etc.). I'm a graphic designer and I'm really into the "Less is More" taste.

Thanks for any answer.
OK, I figured it out...

Just in case anyone is interested :

You need to remove the .xbt files (since they can't be axtracted) and simply download the images from the repository/trunk. You simply put the images in the /media folder, remove those that contain the glare and you're good to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to remove glare/glass-like thing from thumbnails/movie posters etc0