Win HDHomerun Prime - Backend Woes
Ac. Thankd for this! I will give it a try once time allows.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thanks for your hard work. I'm using a HDHR on Cablevision, and I've had the same problems as you. Ended up going with TV Guide with mc2xml for the EPG, but still haven't made all the strm files.
(2012-08-24, 09:32)angrycamel Wrote: I wrote a quick C# program tonight to scan channels from the HDHR because each version of that Perl script I've tried kept skipping channels. I'll release it with source if anyone is interested. Sounds like most people got their strm files and I was only one of a few having trouble with it though.

Its a windows app that presents all of the channels (scanned from the first found HDHR device) that lets you select which channels to export to strm files. You can hit a single button and filter on only the HD channels if you want as a start, then modify from that (thats what I did). Works like a charm. All of the channels are working from within the TV Guide addon now including Golf HD, History HD, etc.

I'm gonna add a feature tomorrow to do the configuration of TV Guide automatically so all of the channels you select are the only channels that get pulled into the addon and automatically have the correct strm file associated.

I would definitely appreciate it if you posted the program you wrote for download. Thanks for all your hard work.
I just released it in a dedicated thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139070

Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

i was thinking of getting one of these too. so basically what is being said is to use one of these cablecard tuners, you will need windows media center which is dying as nothing else can work with this? or maybe nextpvr? is there anything that will work correctly and interface with xbmc or are we SOL?
You can use *.strm files played from the file browser or from a tool like the TVGuide addon. You can generate the stream files and even auto configure the TVGuide addon with the tool released in the thread mentioned above. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139070)
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Am I correct to believe that tool posted and the method described will work for getting xbmc to play encrypted copy freely "LIVE TV" on xbmc. But this is just 1/2 of the XBMC Mega Home Theater battle. The next step would be setting up a dedicated MythTV backend on Ubuntu to do the DVR functionality correct? And if so how realistic is that and getting that to also do commands through the TV GUIDE addon?

I thought ultimately the best way was to to have the HDHomerun talk to MythTV exclusively, and then have all the XBMC instances talk just to MythTV. Or do you need to keep the Live TV vs. DVR functions separate?
(Living Room)
core i7 HD4000 running MythTV .27 and XBMC 16
on XBMCUbuntu 14.04 with 24Hz, DTS-HDMA 7.1
(Bedroom)
core i3 Intel Nuc MythTV .27(front end) and XBMC 16
on Xubuntu 14.04 with 24Hz,
(Mother-in-Law)
Second Gen Raspberry Pi running OpenElec
Droid Turbo with kodi and live tv!
Why waste time trying to figure things out when you can have windows media center up and running in less than 5 minutes.
(2012-11-16, 06:08)rasstar Wrote: Why waste time trying to figure things out when you can have windows media center up and running in less than 5 minutes.

A single imo superior interface. Options many many options.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2012-11-16, 06:08)rasstar Wrote: Why waste time trying to figure things out when you can have windows media center up and running in less than 5 minutes.

Because Windows Media Center only works on Windows.
(2012-11-16, 12:41)bry- Wrote:

A single imo superior interface. Options many many options.

I guess that's better than having something that just works. I have tried them all and nothing compares to WMC. It works with little to no setup required unlike other software that's a pain just to get a guide.
Does the hdhomerun prime work with the Argus TV (2.0.1) previously 4 the record software? I am thinking about getting comcast, they offer a digital tv package, it would be awesome if it integrated with my xbmc setup. I currently have the hdhomerun working beautifully with OTA channels.
NextPVR and it's addon support the HDHR Prime, and will give let you view/record all the "copy-freely" channels.
I love the concept of a single UI for my HTPC and have tried out the MediaPortal and NextPVR backends but for now I use WMC for TV and XBMC for everything else. I have an XBMC menu choice in WMC that allows me to swithc to XBMC. Then when I exit XBMC, WMC opens back up.

As someone else put it, WMC is easy to set up and supports the cable card tuners for everything Copy Freely, Copy Once and Premium. NPVR and MythTV only support the copy freely. Integrating Cable card tuning into the Media portal back end seems to difficult to accomplish.

That said, I would love to have everything integrated into XBMC and will be monioring developments in the future.
(2012-12-27, 18:28)sub3 Wrote: NextPVR and it's addon support the HDHR Prime, and will give let you view/record all the "copy-freely" channels.

where is this addon support? I've been unable to get NextPVR to work for me - sometimes the channels come in, other times it just freezes up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Prime - Backend Woes0