Win Share video-files between 2 pc
Hello,

this is what I configured:

HTPC Livingroom:
Full XBMC usage with Videos, Music, LiveTV, PVR, Games and so on...
I don´t use library mode at all, i just add my Videos/Music in Files-View and add a Thumbnail to it, Thumbnail is in the folder of every Video/Music. Works fine so far.

What I want:

Sec. HTPC in Sleeping Room:
The only features i will use on this HTPC are Watching Videos and listening to music.
I want that this xbmc-client shares the Video/Music-FileList and Thumbnail-paths with the main client in living room, so when I add new music or videos in the living room, this client gets it on next startup.

The files are stored on central NAS.

How can i do that? I read a lot about sharing libraries with mysql, but I don't know if i need this because I don't use library mode at all, just file-paths. And I don't need things like every client knows when a video was paused or watched yet, just want to share the file-lists and thumbnail-paths.

Where are those information, i need to share, stored?

Since you don't use library features or want any of that extra stuff, it's as easy as simply configuring both XBMC boxes with the same network source. They'll generate the same thumbnails, since they'll be doing it either from included art that gets picked up by some skins, or by picking a snapshot from the video.

So all you have to do is just add the NAS as a source on the other HTPC and you'll have the same set up on both.
Thanks for the quick response, that is one option which i don't preffer, cause I add my Videos seperatly, each video-folder as new source, and not the NAS at once......also my jpg-thumbs are not added by skin or something else automatically......

I found out that all information I need are stored in userdata folder in source.xml. File-Paths and Thumbnail paths for each file. This is what I need.

Is it possible to tell XBMC to look for source.xml not in the userdata folder but on the NAS?
I solved it.

Added a path sub for sources.xml and mediasources.xml in advancedsettings.xml.......works great

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share video-files between 2 pc0