No fan art or thumbs retrieved when scraping using themoviedb.org
(2012-08-10, 10:38)Frameshifter Wrote: I just disabled thethemoviedb from (files>right click>change content) tried refreshing one of the movies that didn't have fanart and no go (for me).

Also yesterday both thumbs and fan art were not being retrieved but today thumbs are again.

Yeah, if themoviedb is having issues, and you have tmdb set as the source for your fanart, then that makes sense. I'm not sure that there is another choice for fanart, though... Just have look though the configuration.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
The problems with themoviedb started yeasterday about 6 pm CET (about 9 pm WCT)

They also have lags during connections. The scraper mentiones curl errors during this time.
Other scrapers still can fetch fanart from themoviedb.org as a source.

The next interesting fact. Fetching thumbs and fanart are failing differently depending on the language settings of the scraper.

Setting language to en: no fanart, no thumbs
Setting language to de: no fanart but thums are downloaded
On Universal Scraper the only way I got my THUMBS to work now was to enable every Poster source... IMBD, Trakt, etc... and there we go... but for the Fanart yes the MovieDB works just fine for me.

So I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if The MovieDB gets fixed so I can go back to it.

Thanx...

P.S.

movieposterdb.com is the source it picks it up from correctly at the moment...
Thanks for the help and suggestion guys. Universal Scraper is working fine for me (thumbs and fanart)
I am also awaiting word on a fix as I would like to go back to using the moviedb. I have a lot of time invested adding and updating at that site.
@Frameshifter

Could you change the thread title so that other users with the same problems (I guess everyone has) can easily find it.
Should be named: No fan art or thumbs available for with scraper themoviedb.org

Certainly. Will do that now.
There is no known issue, or recent change on TMDb. This is the only place I have heard anyone mention anything.
Issue is fixed. This was a bug I introduced yesterday morning (CET) while fixing another issue.
Once the common scraper library update itself (there will be no notification about this) you will not experience the problem any more.

You can also do a force update from the context menu on the offical team-xbmc repo to quicken up the update.

Sorry about this.
Thanks for the swift correction! will try to force update it. Which version is the fixed one?

Bert
I keep on pushing "force refresh", but nothing seems to happen...
(2012-08-10, 20:55)olympia Wrote: Issue is fixed. This was a bug I introduced yesterday morning (CET) while fixing another issue.
Once the common scraper library update itself (there will be no notification about this) you will not experience the problem any more.

You can also do a force update from the context menu on the offical team-xbmc repo to quicken up the update.

Sorry about this.

Awesome thanks for the quick fix!
now it works! thanks!
I did a full rescrape this morning and about 10% of my movies still do not grab thumbs. Fanart is fine though. Trying to force a rescrape on a specific movie also returns no hits for thumbs. I just removed my library, hit force refresh, and still the same problem.
Just as everyone was saying, I was not getting thumbs even after enabling Universal Scraper & then enabling all poster sources through the add-on menu. However, once went to my files list and right clicked to change content, when I went to my settings for Universal Scraper through that menu I saw that almost every poster source was disabled other than one unlike the settings when accessed through the addons. Once I changed that, things worked beautifully again. Thanks!
(2012-08-11, 00:23)knewknow Wrote: I did a full rescrape this morning and about 10% of my movies still do not grab thumbs. Fanart is fine though. Trying to force a rescrape on a specific movie also returns no hits for thumbs. I just removed my library, hit force refresh, and still the same problem.

Do those movies have English thumbs on tmdb? Would be helpful if you were giving an example, don't you think?
Hello

Same problem here unfortunatley.

movie Mandrake (http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/63706-mandrake) and Hatchet (http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/11908-hatchet) do not get thumbs, although they do get fanart now (not the case yesterday).

Log when scraping just says:
08:38:58 T:2784148336 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/d5bbe291.tbn
08:38:59 T:2834299760 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
08:39:50 T:2834299760 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
08:39:50 T:2834299760 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/876ac4a2.tbn
08:39:50 T:2719992688 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/8/876ac4a2.tbn
08:39:52 T:2825907056 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
08:39:52 T:2825907056 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
08:39:52 T:2825907056 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
08:39:54 T:2825907056 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
08:39:54 T:2825907056 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
08:39:54 T:2825907056 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
08:39:54 T:2825907056 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
08:39:54 T:2825907056 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
08:39:54 T:2825907056 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
08:39:58 T:2719992688 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/8/876ac4a2.tbn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No fan art or thumbs retrieved when scraping using themoviedb.org0