Artist Slideshow Stopped working
This is my first post, so thank you for the best media player availible.

My issue is that I use Aeon Nox as a skin and have been using the "Artist Slideshow" in conjunction with the "Radio" add-on. Up until a few weeks ago it has worked great. Now it only works on music that is on my hard drive, not on anything streaming. Has anyone else ran into this issue. I have XBMC running on 4 machines and they all have the same issue. I use windows 7.

Thanks
Jed
There's a thread [url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124880]here[url] for Artist Slideshow support. In the future you should probably post issues there.

That said, Artist Slideshow doesn't officially support anything except local music, although it does apparently work with some streaming plugins. I got a report last week about someone having an issue with AS working with Spotify, I just haven't had a chance to look at the debug log he posted. And that brings me to the last thing. When posting a problem, including a link to a pastebin of a debug log is very helpful. Without it add on developers can't really help.
thank you for the reply. I will check out your link and also figure out how to generate a debug log.
Thank you
Jed
I guess Artist Slideshow can only do its work when the audio player knows the title+interpret of the actually played song.

Regarding my Radio addon: It just passes the broadcasters stream url to the player - some stations do send the needed title+interpreters, some don't.
Regarding your problem: Maybe you tried this time with a different station or the station has changed the stream?
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2012-08-10, 15:02)sphere Wrote: I guess Artist Slideshow can only do its work when the audio player knows the title+interpret of the actually played song.

That about sums it up. Artist Slideshow can parse an artist out of the title, but if there is no information in the stream, there's nothing for AS to do. I did download Radio and try it. For any station that had data in the stream for the title, Artist Slideshow worked for me. The issue with the other plugin seemed to have been a skin issue (at least that's what it looked like when I looked at the logs I got from the other user).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow Stopped working0