XBMC 11.0 locks up after Sleep mode
Ever since I went to 11.0 XBMC locks up when I try to wake the computer from sleep. System hardware is unchanged from when I used 10.0 and I never had this issue with 10.0. Computer is running Windows 7 64-bit. I usually put the computer to sleep from XBMC. When I want to use the computer my remote sends a Wake on Lan to the computer and wakes it up. The PC does wake up but XMBC locks up after a few seconds. The PC is still running though so if I kill XBMC from the task manager the PC is still running fine. I've tried all kinds of different combinations of sleep, hibernate, motherboard settings, etc. and nothing fixes the issue. Any suggestions?
Are you connecting to shares?

I ask because I connect to Unraid shares for my shows and movies, and if I'm in either library when I put XBMC to sleep it will lock up after waking after a few seconds. It's intermittent, probably 50/50. On the other hand, if I'm in the home menu on a button other than TV Shows or Movies, it never freezes after wake.
(2012-08-10, 20:17)jaychamp Wrote: Are you connecting to shares?

I ask because I connect to Unraid shares for my shows and movies, and if I'm in either library when I put XBMC to sleep it will lock up after waking after a few seconds. It's intermittent, probably 50/50. On the other hand, if I'm in the home menu on a button other than TV Shows or Movies, it never freezes after wake.

Actually yes, I do have one share mapped to another computer in the house that I stream video from. I will try to un-map it and see what happens. Thanks.
I too have been experincing problems with my tv-monitor going black on startup after standby xbmc - windows vista.
After intensive troubleshooting, driverupdating and googling I fell over the tool Windows XBMC Launcher.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798

The launcher has numerous functions that you can read about, but what it does for me, is when I press standby pc from xbmc - or when xbmc goes in automatic standby after 60 minutes - the launcher exits xbmc and put the pc in standby. When I turn the pc back on, xbmc is launched and ready to go. I only installed it yesterday, but it seems to work just fine!
Well I unmapped my drive in windows and rebooted. Put the thing to sleep and waited several days. Still locks up. If I quit out of XBMC and then put the PC to sleep it wakes up fine after days of being asleep so it's not the computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 locks up after Sleep mode0