Where is xbmc.py and xbmcgui.py
Information 
if i understand python correctly, when we do an import xbmc, xbmcgui, there has to be a xbmc, xbmcgui file located somewhere in the path. i cannot find these files anywhere.. the reason i'd like to know is because, i'd like to see if it is possible to modify xbmcgui.py so that when we set a control's controlup button, sometime later i can also retrieve the control which was passed to control up.

like a getcontrolup function could be added so we can get the control that the current control navigates to.

example

a=control(..)
b=control(..)

a.controlup(b)

it would be great to sometime be able to do the following:
c=a.getcontrolup()

now b==c..

i tried creating a class derived from controlbutton, but when running on xbmc, it complained about not being of type control. (of course the docs say this, but i didn't see it in time! Smile )

any help is appreciated!
i am pretty sure that those two modules are implemented in a c++ library exposed only to the python interpretter since they interact with the xbmc code so much.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....cmodule

i think you would be better off trying to build on top of controls as opposed to trying to extend them or make new ones (like a checkbox control could have been made out of a label control and image control).

though i would like to have those spinner controls you see in the settings view.
i believe xbmc.py and xbmcgui.py are just alexpoet's xbmc emulator and that is only meant to run on your pc for python development and debugging :hmm:

some more information is available here (link)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is xbmc.py and xbmcgui.py0