XBMC @ Panasonic
Hi. I have a smart tv from Panasonic named P50GT50, but i would like to know if its possible to install xbmc on it?
On the smart TV itself? no. I suspect it doesn't have enough processing power for XBMC, and even if it did, no one has ported it to that kind of system yet (assuming it's even possible, since XBMC depends on a number of things working).

You'll need either an old computer or a little set-top-box style computer (or something like a Raspberry Pi (wiki) or Apple TV 2 (wiki)) connected directly to the TV for it to work.
(2012-08-11, 02:55)Ned Scott Wrote: On the smart TV itself? no. I suspect it doesn't have enough processing power for XBMC, and even if it did, no one has ported it to that kind of system yet (assuming it's even possible, since XBMC depends on a number of things working).

You'll need either an old computer or a little set-top-box style computer (or something like a Raspberry Pi (wiki) or Apple TV 2 (wiki)) connected directly to the TV for it to work.

Thank you for the detailed answer Smile - How can i achieve XBMX cheapest when i dont have a old computer?
@oniska, cheapest atm is most likely going to be a raspberry pi device combined with MCE compatable remote and ir receiver and install either openelec or raspbmc on it. total cost approx 70$ US.

i should think quiet a lot of people atm are eagerly awaiting the outcomes of development using android as a delivery platform. this should result in a great interface(XBMC) and a neat compact case and stylish remote.

i hope this info helps,
Dam0
The other option is a jailbroken Apple TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC @ Panasonic0