Margro TVServerXBMC - Slow Jerky SD channels. HD is fine.
I am currently using margros build - xbmc-margro-20120730-a1cff1d-dx.exe

I have it set up to use my Mediaportal backend which is stored on my server on my network.

I currently have a few problems.

1. Firstly I am in the UK viewing UK tv. When viewing HD channels its fine. My TV runs at 50fps and the hd channels play at 50fps. Everything seems smooth and working well.
However when I view SD channels my tv runs at 50fps but the sd channels only play at 25fps. So everything seems a bit slow and jerky.

If I use mediaportal client and view sd channels they play at 50fps and are smooth and work fine.

So is it possible to play the SD channels at 50fps (like mediaportal) or not ?

I can see its only playing at 25fps by pressing the 'O' key on the keyboard and looking at the W (fps:25.24 CPU 4 core(s) average: 0.8%) . This says 50fps for hd content.

2. None of my TV Groups are coming over. I am just using the default settings and all I get is one big All Channels group. Any ideas ?

3. When I go to the TV Channels view , some of the channels don't have listed what programme is currently on and a description underneath on the right, however if you go to the epg view it shows there.
(2012-08-11, 17:16)sorrowuk Wrote: 2. None of my TV Groups are coming over. I am just using the default settings and all I get is one big All Channels group. Any ideas ?

I have the same problem with the 20120730 build and the FTR client. Previous (Frodo) build worked fine.

edit: 6445b14b33 fixed the issue. Many thanks, margro!
Thanks,

Anyone got any ideas about the slow jerky sd channels
Does no one have any idea Sad ?

Is there anyway to force the sd channels to play at 50fps ?
Do you have deinterlacing enabled?

Set it to "Auto", the Deinterlace method to "DXVA Best" and press "Set as default for all movies".
(2012-08-11, 18:04)A600 Wrote: edit: 6445b14b33 fixed the issue. Many thanks, margro!

how can i use it? any binaries available with fix included?
Yes deinterlacing is enabled.

I want it to run at 50fps instead of 25fps.
ok, build my own xbmc from margros forke but the channel groups are not synced. with margros build (a1cff1d) the channel groups are synced but not visible and on channel group change xbmc freeze.

so i can use margros build without syncing the channel groups and have the same result Sad
Any method to force sd channels to play at 50fps instead of 25fps ?
No way to change what fps content is run at then with xbmc ?
Nope. Not that I know. Its also 25 fps here.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Margro TVServerXBMC - Slow Jerky SD channels. HD is fine.1