where is volume bar in XBMC?
Question 
i recently installed XBMC in ubuntu 12.04. it is great but i have a problem,
when i use XBMC to listen to music, in XBMC fullscreen, there is not any volume bar to change the volume. i can change the volume with my laptop keys but if i want to change the volume with mouse, there is not any volume bar for this purpose.
what is the problem? how solve that?
It think there is no one. You can change it in the system>Music>Play options (im runing 12.xxx) If you do have an android phone you can use that too.
I believe that this is something that will be added for the next release of XBMC. Although, I think some skins have found a way to make a sort of hack that allows for an on-screen volume bar, but if so I'm not sure which ones.
(2012-08-12, 14:06)Ned Scott Wrote: I believe that this is something that will be added for the next release of XBMC. Although, I think some skins have found a way to make a sort of hack that allows for an on-screen volume bar, but if so I'm not sure which ones.
it seems you confirm this problem.
it is very amazing!!! a media center without volume bar!
it is like a car that does not have brake at all.
why the developers of xbmc does not design such a necessary stuffHuh do they think it is not important to change a media vlume?!
(2012-08-12, 20:23)MrAli Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 14:06)Ned Scott Wrote: I believe that this is something that will be added for the next release of XBMC. Although, I think some skins have found a way to make a sort of hack that allows for an on-screen volume bar, but if so I'm not sure which ones.
why the developers of xbmc does not design such a necessary stuffHuh do they think it is not important to change a media vlume?!

Maybe we use remotes or an actual amplifier to control the sound.
It has been like this for years so it appears it is not that necessary

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

as most people use xbmc as a dedicated htpc the remote control is the weapon of choice - I would suggest using your keyboard (for now)
Or why not invest in a remote for the full home theatre experience since this is what XBMC was initially created for
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!

XBMC changes the volume just fine (and shows a "bar" of sorts when it does change). There just isn't one that is clickable by a mouse because XBMC is not designed for a mouse. The fact that clickable volume controls are coming are just a side effect of adding touch support for touch screens and tablets.
i repeat my previous statement; let's get rid of the mouse support (ie remove the cursor dialog) and these posts go with it.
(2012-08-13, 12:29)spiff Wrote: i repeat my previous statement; let's get rid of the mouse support (ie remove the cursor dialog) and these posts go with it.

+1
why you don't want to solve the problem? it seems you like to erase the question!

someone said "There just isn't one that is clickable by a mouse because XBMC is not designed for a mouse", ok, if it is not desigend for mouse, why there is clickable keys for doing Next, Previous, Pause, Play etc? Huh

No, it is a mistake from designers that designed all the clickable thing except clickable volume key.
and i think they should accept their mistake and try to solve that.
(2012-08-13, 12:39)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 12:29)spiff Wrote: i repeat my previous statement; let's get rid of the mouse support (ie remove the cursor dialog) and these posts go with it.

+1

(2012-08-14, 19:31)MrAli Wrote: why you don't want to solve the problem? it seems you like to erase the question!
Asked and answered in posts 3 and 7. You're going to get your volume slider courtesy of upcoming support for tablets/touchscreens. Now, stop flogging a dead horse!
(2012-08-14, 19:31)MrAli Wrote: someone said "There just isn't one that is clickable by a mouse because XBMC is not designed for a mouse", ok, if it is not desigend for mouse, why there is clickable keys for doing Next, Previous, Pause, Play etc?

Because a remote that only has simplified buttons (directional + select + back) can use those buttons too. Making those buttons "clickable" also makes XBMC usable on touch screens such as tablets, which normally have their own dedicated hardware buttons (at least the iOS ones that v11 works on).

You can also map something like the scroll wheel to control volume, so you can control the volume with your mouse today. If you weren't acting like a dick then I would even tell you how.

You come here demanding a feature that the vast majority of our users would never use. Then you insult everyone who has worked on the project and call them stupid, even after we tell you that the feature is planned. Honestly, what the heck is wrong with you?
Just a couple things come to mind, no emo

1. If you get rid of the mouse/cursor, how would you implement that screencorner-overscan calibration function? It also has the subtitle position calibration.

2. My wireless kb has media keys that work for volume pretty well, no biggie... get a wireless kb or rig up your media keys right. Keyboards for HTPC rock, unless you are a thumb-texting wizard with just a remote control :p

3. The guy was just frustrated

anyhoos, thanks for all the work gentlemen. peace
1. Up, Down, Left, Right arrows.
(2012-08-14, 19:31)MrAli Wrote: why you don't want to solve the problem? it seems you like to erase the question!

someone said "There just isn't one that is clickable by a mouse because XBMC is not designed for a mouse", ok, if it is not desigend for mouse, why there is clickable keys for doing Next, Previous, Pause, Play etc? Huh

No, it is a mistake from designers that designed all the clickable thing except clickable volume key.
and i think they should accept their mistake and try to solve that.
(2012-08-13, 12:39)leepenny Wrote:

+1

buy a remote theyre not that expensive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where is volume bar in XBMC?1