iOS Remote Crashing
I'm using the nightly builds of XBMC on Windows 7 as I find airplay so darn handy I can't wait. It's been working flawlessly since I installed it and it's (XBMC, that is) very stable playing all of my movies and tv series. The iOS remote app was also working well, however since the last update to the iOS remote (1.1.5) when I enter my TV series on my iPhone 4S it exits the app and I'm back at the homescreen. This can be replicated on my wifes iPhone 3GS when she tries to navigate to TV Series since updating.

I don't know anyway to access crash logs on an iOS device, or even if they exist. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: actually, clicking on any movie will also crash the iOS remote app. Navigating to any movie using the 'use as: remote control' feature of the app works fine.
yeah I know it's a festival of crashes! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1164264

I have already addressed the issues, I'm waiting a while before submit a new version because this update breaks compatibility with frodo builds before 6 august.

This is the price that has to be paid to use alpha software, I'm sorry.
(2012-08-12, 14:05)joethefox Wrote: yeah I know it's a festival of crashes! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1164264

I have already addressed the issues, I'm waiting a while before submit a new version because this update breaks compatibility with frodo builds before 6 august.

This is the price that has to be paid to use alpha software, I'm sorry.

Hi Joethefox,

Thanks a lot for your quick and informative reply. I completely understand, I'm just happy to hear it's not a corrupt XBMC library on my HTPC. I love the app and I appreciate all the hard work. We had a couple of friends over a while back and decided to watch a movie. They have a 'smart' tv, but when they saw XBMC + iOS remote in action they blown away and immediately asked me to build them one for their living room.

Seeing as the app is free do you take donations?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS Remote Crashing0