Emulating the Esc key
I've found that using the back key on my remote works well when going back from a movie folder -> genre folder -> set of genre folders -> Movies... but it gets messy from here before getting to the home page, showing files and playlists. When I'm doing my mods on my computer version, I can get to movies quite cleanly, ie. Home Menu -> Movies -> genre folders -> genre folder -> movie -> play and return very quickly from movie -> Home with one press of the Esc key rather than the backspace key. I'm wondering if there is any way of mapping Esc to say, the menu key on my remote?
Assign to whichever key you want to remap:
Code:
<some-key>PreviousMenu</some-key>
This obviously goes in an xml file, just not sure which one Smile
In a custom keyboard.xml file. At the very least, it should contain:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <some-key>PreviousMenu</some-key>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
Thanks, it works, only issue for me (and I'm being fussy) is that there is no way that I can do this for the menu key on my logitech remote which would have been the logical key to go to the main menu I think
You can try enabling debug logging in XBMC and pressing the Menu button a few times. Examine the debug log (wiki) and see if XBMC recognized those keypresses. If so, you can then assign your function to that key name.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Emulating the Esc key0